New Kitchen - Best Prices for Units ?

I'm thinking of installing a band new kitchen.

Can anyone tell me who offers the best prices for base & wall units. (Either online or otherwise)

I intend doing all of the installation myself.

woodglass

Reply to
woodglass

You could try looking here :

DG

Reply to
Derek ^

I did this by using a simple spreadsheet - types of unit across the top, suppliers down the side. Enter the prices from your selected suppliers and see who is the best value. I found that many places have one or two units pow priced to grab your attention, but add on pelments etc and the prices rise considerably.

Reply to
me

Reply to
Olly

Howdens are the cheapest, but not the best, that said, they do come already assembled (the carcasses) and shrink wrapped, their website is crap (there's nothing there but a logo) but there's a list of outlets here, there's quite a few in Scotland:

Phil L

... but they are trade only - you will need an account with them to buy. Where are you?

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

Fife, Scotland.

woodglass...

Reply to
woodglass

I worked it out from your IP addy, it says Glenrothes (?) hence my mentioning Scotland

:-p

Reply to
Phil L

That wasn't a problem when I bought some stuff from Howdens, I gave them my name with the word "maintenance" after it and all was OK. Very nice people.

Phian

Reply to
Phian

We did our kitchen a couple of years ago. After costing it up we decided the one we wanted was in MFI and by miracle timing they had a big sale and we got them for much less than we'd expected.

A local trader showed us the Howden brochure and although MFI used to use Howden (they may still), they looked a bit plain. I thought I read somewhere that MFI had sold Howden and that you could now buy direct from them.

My biggest regret was buying the cheapest cooker hood which looks a bit clunky - although it works well.

Needless to say I fitted it all myself but used a local electrician for the wiring.

Reply to
Pete

MFI _always_ have a sale. The sale prices are the real prices. Never buy at more than "50% off" there. On second thoughts never buy from MFI at all - they are usually incapable of fulfilling an order correctly.

Mark

Reply to
Mark
Reply to