Pliers without teeth

What is meant by describing a pair of pliers as being without teeth?

I was hoping that it would mean that there are no serations that are used to improve grip on anything that the pliers might be holding, but the pair I bought on Amazon so described, do have the serations.

Reply to
Michael Chare

I should think "smooth jaw" would be a better term to search for, but I'd also interpret "without teeth" as smooth.

Reply to
Andy Burns

In message , Michael Chare writes

Angle grinder?

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Many years ago, I noticed that Tandy, remember them, had toothed pliers and what they were in fact were flat but with deep serrations all running across the jaws, a bit like some of the straight mole grips have. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)