Pliers without teeth

I do a bit of fly tying and one thing I sometimes do is squeeze a preformed piece of lead on to a hook but using the normal pliers messes the lead because of the teeth in the jaws of the pliers .Unless someone knows otherwise I'm guessing you can't get pliers with smooth jaws .It would be possible to file or grind down the jaws but I also thought of glueing small pieces of metal or wood in to the jaws to make them smooth . Anyone any idea/suggestions?

Reply to
fictitious

.

If just for the fly tying I reckon Ebay 360039897056

begin 666 rtCurve.gif M1TE&.#EA" `(`)$``/___^_O[\[.SO___R'Y! 44``,`+ `````(``@```(1

35( Y8PF[#H)QTG$N>SIH5@``.P`` ` end
Reply to
RW

Check with a place selling jewelry-making supplies. That's where i got mine, many years ago. 'Craft' shops sometimes have fairly inexpensive sets.

Reply to
S Viemeister

you guess wrongly

Try a Google for smooth jaw pliers

Tony

Reply to
TMC

You definitely CAN get pliers without teeth. I have some right here. Mine are Lindstrom RS part no 609-809. I bought them about 100 years ago though! They are for electronics.

R.

Reply to
TheOldFellow

Ahhh - another 'Radio Spares' customer. Old enough that 'about' has a wide range!

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

Thx for the suggestions .I had no idea that they'd be so popular ..

Reply to
fictitious