Plastic corner basins?

One occasionally sees pressed plastic washbasins - usually in rented accomodation done up to no-compromise pound-shop standards. Tacky as they are a small plastic corner basin would be ideal in my caravan WC. Of course when I come to look for them I can't find them anywhere (and don't say caravan shops: everything in those seems to be in a time-warp from the worst of the 70s/80s).
Anyone seen any/know of suppliers etc?
--
John Stumbles

I'm more non-competitive than you
John Stumbles wrote:

That's because most caravan decor is in a time-warp from ...

Well, if "peach colour" and "plastic" *aren't* in a time-warp from ... then ebay item number 190193244269 but it's a bit more than a pound-shop price.
An Amritage Shanks Sandringham corner basin in real pottery would be no more http://www.heatandplumb.com/acatalog/Sandringham_Corner_Basin_3.html
What about a made-to-measure worktop and inset a small commercial stainless-steel handwash basin?
Owain
John Stumbles wrote:

Not a corner model, but any use?
CLEO FOLDAWAY BASIN
The Cleo Foldaway Basin is a space saving unit, designed as an easy fit toilet or bathroom accessory and features a no fuss lift out basin for easy cleaning.
The unit has its own integral catchment tank and there is ample space available to fit most popular caravan mixer taps.
The unit measures a mere 130mm in the closed position, and is fixed to the caravan wall by six simple screw fixings. The other important dimensions are 660mm high x 520mm wide x 430mm (basin in the drop down position).
<www.cirencesterplastics.co.uk/mouldmaking.htm>
Or
White Corner Basin
Dimensions:
* 285 x 285 x 100mm Deep * Takes a 3/4" waste pipe (not included)
Price £19.99
<www.marinescene.co.uk/manufacturer/81/unipart>
--
Rod

Try this direct link instead to avoid scrolling down: http://www.cirencesterplastics.co.uk/mouldmaking.htm#cleo

Try this direct link instead: http://www.marinescene.co.uk/product/2278/corner-basin
Or there is also this basin: http://www.marinescene.co.uk/product/2281/tip-up-basin
On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 19:57:40 +0100, Bruce wrote:
Thanks folks, that'll probably do
--
John Stumbles

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous

No, but when I needed something similar I ended up using a pound shop stainless steel bowl and cut a hole in the base for a drain. Wash hand basin for a boat, much nicer than the cheap plastic crap.
%steve%@malloc.co.uk (Steve Firth) wrote:

And for a corner basin, you can just cut it into four, and offer the other three "basins" to your caravanning friends.
;-)
(yes, I know there is a fatal flaw to this idea)

Errm yes, taking the "humour" in the direction I think it was intended, the installation I did was a corner basin. I used marine ply to make a corner unit and mounted the basin in that.

Oh indeed, it implies that a caravanner could have three friends, which is obviously ludicrous.
%steve%@malloc.co.uk (Steve Firth) wrote:

Caravanners seem to have lots of friends. But caravanners' friends are always caravanners.
On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 14:14:30 +0100, Steve Firth wrote:

I have the s/s dog's drinking bowl just for this application, but realised that a waste would end up proud to the surface so it would never properly drain (unless I glued it to the underside). And anyway a corner basin is what the space requires.
--
John Stumbles

Women always generalise