Phone.

In which file does an Android device store such things as the calander and Contacts information for the stock apps that can be got at without rooting the device?

A simple file copy doesn't do a proper sync either

I don't want any of my data anywhere near google...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Which sort of my point really, any OS seems to have some problems with some of the hardware.

Even Aple, when they control the hardware and the OS can still hit problems that only affect some people.

Sure sometimes you do get a release that seems to have significant issues for lots of people, biut I've not really seen any evidence that

4.4.4 or 4.4.2 have any more issues than nornmal
Reply to
Chris French

Yes, you're probably right.

Reply to
Bod

Aye, right PITA, WTF do they have to hide the files containing your data and, in the stock apps, not provide a means to export as say CSV. The file system is a right mess as well, files and directories seemingy scattered about the place randomly.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

That I would agree with - for something that has notionally come from the unix stable, Google have made a right mess of the file system.

There should be a "home" directory with a clean config, app data and user data (photos, music etc) area.

Reply to
Tim Watts