Part P conudrum.....

beaurocracy is good!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Is it something done by beautiful people?

Reply to
Andy Hall

You have some figures to back this assertion?

Electrical testing may be rocket science to you, but for most of us it is pretty stright forward. Perhaps you ought to get yourself a copy of the on-site guide, it tells you how to do it and even has pictures.

That fact that *you* think so kind of helps reinforce *our* point.

Reply to
John Rumm

They stop cowboys that is useful. The industries are now fully aware of Part P and it is being implemented by companies.

Where does it say don't do things right? I specifies proper testing.

Then they face prison

Proof please?

Now we have it. It is not about Part P and its benefits, which are many, it as about ridiculing the government. Piss off Tory idiot!!! I wouldn't mind if you had anything to gain from the Tory party.

In every one!!!!! Every gas installation has to tested, even of something minor has been done.

Any figures?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Yep. I have met none.

Not to me sunshine. Been there and done it.

Tell that to the Jack-of-all-trades.

Show it to the Jack-of-all-trades, who you think can do the lot.

The fact you aere from Essex says a lot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Firstly, Part P is sound. Its aim is sound too. Secondly. many EU directive have to be followed, and most are sound too. Thirdly, gov ministers don't dream anything in depth. The detail is in ministries and they at times hire the services of outside experts and go by that/them.

It is clear most people here have no idea of how the government works.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

In other countries the regs are free.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Your time is free, unless you divert from money making time to DIY.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Are you serious? Anarchy in the streets?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Put your name on that list.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Are you in the anarchist party?

The Tory party are total dickheads, full stop. The country is desperately short of homes, but the plebs should be up chimneys as far as they are concerned.

Yep. The Tory party are full of hot air. Deregulating from a central point is allowing dissemination of power amongst the people. I don't see them advocating redistribution of land to be spread amongst the people. Quite the opposite.

The LibDems are going to wipe them out.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Shit kicking wisdom. no doubt.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

In article , Doctor Drivel writes

Which Tory party do you mean?. The one in power, or the one that was?...

Any idea when?....

Reply to
tony sayer

Due to increased costs of following Part P, perople don't bother - they just use dodgy ectension leads etc.

Insignificant risk in practice.

Bleeding obvious. See previous posts in this NG.

Yawn.

We are talking about electricity, not gas, f****it.

Reply to
Mike Harrison

Boy are you in the past.

Next election? Can't wait.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Ah I think I get it, at last.

For instance (electrics): The stated policy is such that there is no way that you can make a business out of doing minor electrical work.

1) You are responsible for the entire installation after any modification. 2) You are required to perform tests. A) Now these test require expensive, calibrated test gear. B) Annual recalibration expenditure. 3) The original paperwork is meant to be around for you to make reference to. 4) Failing (3) You have to test the whole lot. 5) The full inspect, test and certify is likely to take up to a day in a typical house. 6) There will be many items which will need to be fixed immediately. etc.

Or... Just do the job and leave as little paperwork as possible, make sure there is nothing glaringly wrong. Hope nothing goes wrong, if it does, hopefully, it won't come back on you, but if so start wriggling and get the best help you can afford.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

bollocks they do.

Ack! Excuse me, I seem to have coughed up my lungs.

Reply to
Tim S

They do? You made that up.

You made that up too.

They face prison

All I have read is total drivel on this thread.

Yes, they are a yawn.

Wow! You don't say. You are a total fool.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

No silly.. Nu Laber= a Tory party....in all but name....

O boy!, they can't even elect a decent leader...

Reply to
tony sayer

Of course.

Take the customer for a coffee and a grappa and there will be no problem

Reply to
Andy Hall