OT Why am I up at 3am

No, but it sounds like Adam is going to have to be his brief now he's used his one phone call.

Reply to
Graham.

He is not he little runt that reported me to his Mum.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Very similar thing happened to my brother. He was quietly standing outside the Chinese eating his takeaway, some lads were causing trouble, the takeaway owner called the cops, the lads ran off and when the cops arrived, one of them knocked my brother's takeaway out of his hands and said "You'll do".

Reply to
Huge

Also a "get a criminal record that can restrict your job opportunities and travel plans ticket." Being asked to agree to one of those means the police have no evidence and are trying it on. They respond to someone who stands up to them as they did with your apprentice by handing out summary justice in the form of an overnight stop in a cell.

Reply to
Steve Firth

My nephew and his best mate got arrested by plod in similar circumstances. They had been to a fancy dress party and were wearing foam rubber sumo suits. The charges levelled against them included "racially aggravated assault". One of them is black, the other white and for some bizarre reason plod couldn't work out that they have been best mates since they were toddlers. When the case appeared in court one plod gave evidence that they were "indecently dressed in only their underpants". This despite the fact that they were dressed head to toe in foam rubber suits and the "underpants" in question were painted on.

Odd that the fact that both suits were pink didn't cause plod to abandon the racially aggravated assault element of the case.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Its not that stupid calling on the experience of someone that's been there.

Reply to
dennis

Woodentops are not renowned for their enormous intellects.

Reply to
Huge

If they were dressed as policemen they could have been charged with impersonating a police officer.

The lack of the lobotomy scar would have proved their innocence when in court.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Hehe :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

Will he have a job in the morning. There seems to be a high turnover of puppy sparkies.

A former colleague was seriously injured in a car crash years ago. The boss was knocked up by plod at stupid o'clock to be informed he was the next of kin; no family whatsoever.

Reply to
Onetap

You should have seen me defending all 4 of them last week. Several sockets ended up directly over sinks in some of the flats we are working on.

I am not going to let them take the blame when the sockets positions were marked out on the wall by the site foreman and not by the apprentices.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I was limited to what I could say in the phone call as he would have been made to stand behind a yellow line and lean forward to use the phone at arms reach and he was not allowed to discuss with me why he was arrested.

There is also a good get out of the cell card for Sundays. The CPS only operate a phone call system on a Sunday (at least in South Yorkshire). If you are interviewed then the police have only got 3 hours from the interview ending before charging you or releasing you (sometimes subject to bail conditions).

So if you are interviewed at 9am you will be out for 12.

I could have recommended a nice blond-haired solicitor that wears a short skirt but I don't know if she covers Doncaster.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Suprising they didn't tack on homophobia.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Did the custody sergeant mark them down as Japenese on the ethnicity checkbox?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

You can see/phone/speak to a solicitor anytime you want to. That is not the same thing as having someone notified (ie using your free phonecall) that you have been arrested.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Yes.

And I like a challenge. I really would like this lad to stay on and become qualified. It will be hard work though (for both of us).

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I thought that homophobia was a disease and not a crime.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Seems the moral to be gleaned from these stories is "If there is a bit of bother, move away"

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Spot on.

Reply to
Huge

That was a valuable learning experience for them, though. For those whom the penny drops, they'll know about that in the future.

Reply to
grimly4