OT Why am I up at 3am

Because one one the k*****ad apprentices used his free phone call from the police station to tell me that he has been arrested and that he will not be able to get into to work in the morning.

It's not a Sunday night it is a Saturday night. He does not work on Sundays (not that he does much during the rest of the week).

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Yup, that reminds me, ought to go to bed myself!

LoL - sorry probably less funny at your end, but you have to admire a special kind of stupid when you see it ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

It's bad enough when it's daughters ringing from the other end of the country to request I don my AA garb and come out to tow them home!

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Yes, well, if you watch some of these fly on the wall things about the emergency services you will see how drink and so called mates can lead to people becoming idiots on a grand scale. They make complete spectacles of themselves. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

It is fact.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

He is the apprentice I get on with. He was the only one that apologised for buggering off early. I bought him a bacon sandwich after he apologised and we get on fine. He probably thought that he was going to let me down and wanted to let me know.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

At least he cared...

Or did the conversation then go

"... and I was wondering if you could bail me"

I assume he was pissed and that was vaguely connected with his visit to plodland?

Reply to
Tim Watts

He's out now. And as he did what I told him to do he was released without charge.

I would imagine he was pissed. It was his 19th birthday.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

how can he be expected to remember that after 5 pints of lager and a couple of E's?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I told him to do nothing until he had seen the duty solicitor and that he must demand to see the duty solicitor.

At about 7am ish (his guess) the police said he could go home if he signed a PCN and agreed to pay £80. He asked to see the solicitor.

He was then put back in his cell and 2 hours later he was released without charge. He was not even interviewed.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Translated:

"We couldn't find the duty brief".

Reply to
Tim Watts

Not IMHO.

I would say the police had no evidence/witnesses/statements and they wanted an easy way to clear a space in the cells and get a conviction. Getting someone to sign the PCN is an easy way out.

At least the appentice will have something to remember the night. One of my souvenirs is shown here

ARWadsworth

surely you're not suggesting S Yorks Police would try to fit someone up for an easy stat? Who do they think they are; the London Met??

Truely an item to show the grandkids.

I like telling my kids' friends at school:

"Let me tell you about the time I was in prison".

Tim Watts

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Penalty Charge Notice. A plead guilty and pay up without having to go to court ticket.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Possibly known under other names.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Good for you Adam!!

He should do fine with a few kindness like yours

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

I know that bag very well.

That's the one I got when I was arrested at the same time as my gf.

She was booked in just before me. When I was at the custody desk she was stood next to me waiting for her cell and I asked the custody sergeant for a cell with a double bed:-)

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Also gets all over your personal record so is not "an easy way out". OK, I lied, it is an easy way out - for the plod.

Reply to
Tim Watts

And that is where I believe him.

He told me that he was punched whilst waiting for a taxi and so he retaliated. When the police arrived the other lad ran off and was not arrested. As my lad had done nothing wrong he just stayed where he was and was arrested for doing so.

Reply to
ARWadsworth