bosch washing machine programs take a long time

I've got a Bosch WFG2020 washing machine. If I use the wash programs down the right had side of the timer the programs take ages to complete, sometimes up to 4-5 hours, but if I use the programs on the left they're all fine and complete in a correct time-frame. Any ideas on what the problem could be? I know what you're thinking, why not just use the programs on the left? I would but I live with my mum who won't stop moaning about it, and now I've been given an ultimatum. Thanks for any advice...about the machine that is...

Reply to
tg

thanks for the responses. The machine fills fine, empties fine and heats the water fine. What I have noticed though is after the machine heats the water to the right temperature, the heater goes off (which is correct) but then the machine is still washing the clothes in the same hot water an hour later. I tested this using a 90 degree wash on the right hand side of the timer. The heater doesn't come back on once it goes off but the washing cycle just carries on. It's still washing the clothers in the same hot water as I write. So my question(s) is:

1) do you think it's the controller? 2) should the heater go on and off a few times or just the once? thanks for any further pointers.
Reply to
tg

Is it actually reaching the target temperature? Often on hot washes the program waits in a holding state until the temperature is reached. It could indicate a failing heater or temperature sensor...

Reply to
John Rumm

If the temp sensor fails, either the water will boil, or it'll wash for the usual time or less, and below temp.

If the heater were failing, the water would heat up faster, or not at all.

My money's on the controller.

NT

Reply to
NT

Note if the heater has an over temp cutout...

Yup, they do get stuck sometimes... tis what killed our last dishwasher in the end.

Reply to
John Rumm

I've never seen a WM element with any sort of cutout, but things might have moved on. Its not a safety issue if it boils though, so I wouldnt expect to ever see one.

Reply to
NT

Den söndag 4 mars 2012 kl. 06:46:48 UTC+1 skrev tg:

Reply to
pompepro

Reply to
Bill Wright

RTFM. It might be meant to be like that, for people who set it in the morning then go to work.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

he's had time to read it thousands of times

Reply to
tabbypurr

Or some have quick versions and full versions, though it has to be said mine has a simple toggle on a button for this, so only half as many programmes on the dial of cours. I feel it is a bit like a caps lock key. It bleeps high if its long and low if its short. I think the manual will have the key to this. It seems silly to have two identical systems, when one would do otherwise. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Yes exactly, and my fix would be stick some fablon over the ones you don't want! Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff