OT wallet for holding keys

I've got a leather wallet designed to hold my keys and the metalwork that h olds the keys is shown on this photo:

I've had it for about 30 years and in that time I have replaced the leather part as it wore out.

The point is that the metal bit with the clips that hold the keys is design ed in a way that's very strong and long-lasting with a pin going through th e clips. All the ones I have found online and in shops have a very poor des ign where it looks to me like it'd wear out in a year or two and fall apart - like this one:

Anyone know where I can get one like mine?

Reply to
Murmansk

To me, the main fault with the second one is the use of hooks rather than carabiner to hold the keys.

Googling for key wallet with carabiner came up with this, unfortunately out of stock, but the photo doesn't really show how well the carabiner are secured:

Nightjar

Yes, I can see though that the point where the carabener or whatever is attached to the bar at the top is simply a shaft with a ball on pushed into the top bit so once it wears, or if the top bar gets bent, the thing will fall apart.

Reply to
Murmansk

I've got one with hooks like these

I did once have one like yours - and yes, it was much better. But that other one you linked to looks awful!

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

I've had it for about 30 years and in that time I have replaced the leather part as it wore out.

The point is that the metal bit with the clips that hold the keys is designed in a way that's very strong and long-lasting with a pin going through the clips. All the ones I have found online and in shops have a very poor design where it looks to me like it'd wear out in a year or two and fall apart - like this one:

Anyone know where I can get one like mine?

Just buy a new wallet and transferr the bit you like over to the new one.

Reply to
harryagain

That's not the issue, I've already done that in the past. What I want is another one or to be able to replace this one if I should lose it

Reply to
Murmansk