Accidentally washed a nice leather wallet. Any tips on gettings its suppleness / gloss back

I forgot to remove a nice new Brics wallet from some trousers before they went into a 40 degree wash cycle.

Now that it is dried, matted and a little crispy does anybody have any tips for how I can put the suppleness and a shine back into the black leather.

Tim

Reply to
Tim

You could try neat's foot oil.

Reply to
S Viemeister

There aren't that many neats around, though, let alone the difficulty of catching 'em.

Many moons ago, when I was a biker, I used to use "Preslea" leather preserver, which was an excellent "food" for dried-out leather. It is (was?) made by Carr & Day & Martin.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

You kidding, there is a field full of em near us!

Failing that, a bottle of caster oil from the chemist will do almost as well.

Reply to
John Rumm

Leather polishes from any chandlers.

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Bees wax?

Reply to
RedOnRed

Nikwax liquid, from any good walking/outdoor/camping store or retailer to the hairy-biker type.

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

Sponix

Getting it supple again is easy (Wren's leather oil, neatsfoot, saddle soap, even) but putting the shine back won't be so easy!

Reply to
Chris Bacon