[OT] Universities and PAT certificates

quite so.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Testing frequency is determined by a Risk Assessment.

Reply to
charles

But who does the risk assessment.

I asked for two such RA this week and as they haven;t been supplied them I've told the students they can't use the lab for their project unless they supply them, which should actually be wrtten by thier project supervisor.

Reply to
whisky-dave

I know quite a few current students, so I asked.

The rule, according to them, is that since they all know when the inspection is due (they are informed, usually takes place once a month), they all remove all the electricals out of sight for the 10-15 inspection.

Reply to
JoeJoe

Once a month? Is this a female only uni?

Reply to
ARW

That sounds perfectly sensible.

We used to put our bin outside the door if we had an overnight guest which we weren't allowed.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

We de-mastered the locks so that the cleaners couldn't get in unless we were there.

Reply to
Bob Eager

But then I wouldn't have got my sheets changed ... :-(

My cleaner liked me, even despite the little fire I had.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

What effect does the bin have ?

Reply to
whisky-dave

When they are all synchonised, like the NG gennys

Reply to
Andrew

You went to a Convent Uni?

Reply to
ARW

More info please.

Reply to
ARW

Fire regulations, I think.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

A not-quite-spent match and a bin of fan-fold print-out.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I read it as you were not allowed overnight guests.

Reply to
ARW

I don't think we were.

Anyway, unless you wanted the cleaner walking in, you put the bin outside the door.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Indeed. When I was a student, it happened but was frowned on. But a lot of the cleaners were on the students' side (particularly the older cleaners) and never said a word. The university's main worry was what would happen if the tabloids got hold of it.

Fast forward to when I was in charge of a college. I wasn't bothered at all. I did put my foot down when two students went too far. They converted his room into a 'day room' (two chairs, two desks etc.) and hers into a bedroom (two beds pushed together, etc.)

Reply to
Bob Eager

And in the 21st century, students from a university were featured on a programme about students working as escorts. The uni wasn't named, but I recognised the pub they filmed in and drew my own conclusions.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

That spontaneous combustion is a worry.

Reply to
Max Demian

I don't remember much actual f****ng but then I and most people I knew were in Comp Sci.

I think the Film & Media lot were pretty rampant though.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog