OT Thunderbird help

For some strange reason, Thunderbird has decided to change its settings.

Previously, to reply to a post on UK DIY I just hit 'reply' & the e-mail went to the group.

Now if I hit 'reply' TB sends the e-mail to the poster, not the group. I have to select 'reply to list'.

How do I change that?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

You need to click on the icon marked "Followup"

Reply to
Mike Clarke

That is correct. With Thunderbird hitting 'reply' will always reply to the poster, not the group. This has been the case for quite a time - certainly not a recent change.

Reply to
Farmer Giles

Curious! It's replied to the group ever since I first started using it years ago. Perhaps it's been 'improved' or 'updated'. Bah humbug...

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

You appear to have missed quite a lot of updates! There was a discussion here when it first happened, and there have subsequently been further discussions here and elsewhere.

Reply to
polygonum

Which "reply" icon is TMH using? The one in the small toolbar in the heading above the message, or the one in the main toolbar at the top of the window?

I turn off the heading toolbar, and using the main toolbar "reply" button replies to group rather than poster - using v31.4.0

Reply to
Andy Burns

Thanks. How do I do that?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Assuming the top toolbar does work for you (it's possible I tweaked something to keep the old behaviour years back) right click the message header toolbar, click customise and just drag all the icons off it back to the window ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Her it is 'followup' not 'reply', at all...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Thanks. Done that, but it's not active. i.e. it's faint, not bold & nothing happens when you click it :-(

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

If you use the Reply button on the main toolbar, then it will still go to the list. If you use the buttons in the preview panel, then hit "followup" instead of reply.

Reply to
John Rumm

Is it 'Reply' or 'Reply All' the latter won't work, and is greyed out, (Just made that mistake !) Need to drag out 'Reply'

Reply to
Mark Carver

It's 'reply to list'.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Aha!!!

I didn't have a 'reply' button on the main toolbar, but I do now - and it works!!

Thanks chaps.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Also, it is readily customisable so you can remove the "reply" button from the NG view altogether.

Reply to
newshound

Well, it seems to be plain 'Reply' on my version (31.3.0)

Reply to
Mark Carver