Help please toilet problem

Due to a *VERY* limited budget, I bought a shell type white bathroom suite. The flush has never been brilliant, but from last night I pull the handle and very little water comes out. I pump it and still no better. I took the lid of and noticed that the lever setting (IE a bit of wire) was on the highest pull. There seems not to be enough suction to pull the water over the siphon. I hope this makes sense. Is it a plumber job or something I might be able to sort out before I top myself :-(

Reply to
Annette Kurten

Depending, if you rapidly 'pump' the handle when trying to flush the toilet then does that make it flush properly? If so then it's the 'Flap Valve' that's failed, this by itself is only normally a small flimsy piece of plastic, but normally it's easier to just buy a new siphon. These take about 15 minutes to fit and generally cause minimum fuss (providing you turn the water off first!).

Hope this helps a little.

Seri

Reply to
Seri

I hate writting a reply and then seing that the posters name is a joke.....

Reply to
Seri

mmm.... do you think it is a joke? You could be right, but the subject matter didnt seem a joke did it?

By the way, if you knew my real name you would think it was a joke, which is why I am asking the question.

Reply to
mich

You try a bit of tightly coiled wire on it - as used for holding up a net curtain.

Reply to
Set Square

Well your comment wouldn't have been read by many, seeing as it was upside down and untrimmed.

Reply to
Andy Luckman

No friend serious question it was and thank you for the response. How many people actually use their real name?

Reply to
Annette Kurten

Hmmm, without wanting to deviate off the subject and turn this into an OT thread, but, putting replies at the top or bottom is a preference and not a rule, I find putting replies at the top preferable as I have normally already read through the prior thread messages individually and don't want to wade through the length of body that I already know.

Secondly, if you search on Google Groups for my name, you will see that my method of content deletions is to remove all the content from the current thread that is superfluous to my reply and replace removed content with the tag , I do this so that anyone who happens to have come across just my message in a search can have no merely my reply but also the context information.

Sorry, but it seems that your reply was made for only one purpose, and that was to annoy me. I'm aware that it may seem that my posting was to do the same, but there have been times previously where I have seen someone reply to a troll so I (normally) always take care not to do so myself. In this instance I needn't have worried as a brief search on uk.d-i-y shows that Annette Kurten is a regular poster, but I did not do this search before posting my second message, and message retracts on newsgroups are as much use as a chocolate teapot.

Anyway, divergence over, and enough ranting and self made net-cops.

Seri

Reply to
Seri

Most I would say. Whatever is against it? Anonymous posters are often trolls and the suchlike.

BTW, would you mind trimming the quoted material down to context please?

Reply to
Andy Luckman

I did at first, but only due to senders name, after I sent this second message I did a brief search on the poster and then saw that they're actually a proper poster... just being a bit over diligent after seeing all this darn 'Harry Blomfield' type spam lately.

Seri

Reply to
Seri

I have to say that Seri is in fact my christian name, I can understand why some people use pseudonyms online, but for replies to uk.d-i-y I have no problem, if it was a posting to alt.binaries.fetish.nuns-ands-popes then I may feel the need to obscure it :o)

Reply to
Seri

?toppost
your OE fixed here;
© Huge

Reply to
Dave Plowman

On the whole toilet siphon, I've only ever done two, but neither was a problem at all except getting the handle off on one of them, I recounted my experience on a thread a little while ago in fact:

sorry for me being stupid on the whole posting name thing.

Seri

Reply to
Seri

Reply to
Capitol

Sorry, and I'll be shutting up right about now.

Seri

Reply to
Seri

This topic has, of course, been discussed here before ;)

I used to post using my real name, but for various reasons have decided to stop doing so. Although my IP is probably still the same, so it wouldn't be difficult to find out. Nym-shifting and anonymous remailers are more of a problem.

Now I just need to find a cross post kill file for Mozilla...

Lee

Reply to
Lee

In message , Annette Kurten writes

Get a polythene tube and suck it yourself

Reply to
geoff

In message , mich writes

You mean that one day you might have a serious problem and no-one will take you seriously

Reply to
geoff

What you prefer is of no consequence. This is a social space, and what matters is what the majority of inhabitants of that social space prefer. And what they prefer is *not* top posting.

You're welcome to continue top posting, and indeed we cannot stop you, but you will find it hard to get replies due to the number of people who will ignore you, either manually or through the automation of killfiles.

You might find these URLs informative;

?toppost
your OE fixed here;

Huge