Re: OT. thunderbird question

I'm sure it used to also work with semicolons but maybe I was asleep. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

double click on the empty line above in the address pane. Type in new group name

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I've just tried it. Another method is to type in the first NG name, and hit 'Return'. This opens another address line below it. Type a second NG name in the new address line, and hit 'Return'. And so on, ad infinitum.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

Actually, what happens in Outlook express is that you can use a semicolon as it changes it to a comma at send time. More useless info!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

More than about three and people start treating it as spam.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Thanks ( if this worked)

Reply to
Gary

it did

Reply to
Gary

Often with Thunderbird (IMHO) that won't work. I'm composing this as a normal replay. Both groups are showing on their own address lines, but I suspect when I hit send, I'll get an error message, stating that I can only post to a single group at a time. Or maybe it'll post to both without a fuss.

Let's see............

Yep, Fail, so let's try the comma separated method....

Nope that failed too, hence the single post (mirrored for the other group)

Reply to
Mark Carver

set a followup line

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

just put a semi-colon between each group ?

Reply to
Rick Hughes