OT Solar power.

If the ice was at -15 deg, I think you might.

mark

Reply to
mark

Unless you add salt ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

I think I have one of those in the kitchen. :-)

Reply to
whisky-dave

It gets dark.

mark

Reply to
mark

I too wish the world would run out of daft people, but I dont think its happened yet.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

The sun is still shining, you just need to reorganise the earth into a flat shape with all the solar panels pointing in the right direction all the time. Making the earth flat is by far the easiest bit of making solar PV replace fossil fuels.

Reply to
The Other Mike

Ice houses are first recorded around 1780 BC in Mesopotamia. They were also used by the ancient Chinese, while the Romans had similar buildings to store snow. The ancient Egyptians didn't store ice, but they knew how to manufacture it, using evaporative cooling in desert areas at night.

Reply to
Nightjar

They have a long extension cable and exchange electricity with Harry.

Reply to
Nightjar

Other than Harry, you mean?

Reply to
Nightjar

It all went wrong when we started being CONCERNED about daft people.

And then gave them the vote.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

If it was well enough insulated it could be.

Reply to
harryagain

It means shit-fer-brans we would need twice the area of those in Queensland. Or twice as efficient. Which may be in the pipeline.

Reply to
harryagain

The other form of renewables.

Reply to
harryagain

Well I was allowing scope for him to pipe up and agree its daft... not holding my breath though!

Reply to
John Rumm

Scotland is going to lose 65% of its generating capacity due to the EU shutting down their coal stations, and wee alex shutting down their nuclear industry.

Use the Iplayer and listen to this mornings BBC R4 'Life Scientific' program, when Jim Al-Khalili talked to Zoe Shipton, professor of geology (somewhere). Note her remarks about wind-power and that infamous anti-fracking video showing methane coming out of a tap.

Reply to
Andrew

She didn't show much understanding of half-lives and duration of radioactivity, though, unfortunately.

Reply to
Tim Streater

You are one of the worst.

Reply to
harryagain

Shit-fer-brains as usual. Night frosts are not uncommon in Eygpt. Plus it was cooler in acient Eygpt than it is now.

harryagain

What, you on a bicycle?

Reply to
Tim Streater

What if we used them as fuel, would that be classed as renewable energy, as I doubt there's a natural limit to stupidity other than darwinism.

Reply to
whisky-dave