Re: It's here!

snip

>. They're very nice as > well but I just can't stop admiring this block plane. I want to shave every > piece of wood I see now!

Oh lookee, a wrecker stampede....

Reply to
Groggy

I know *that* feeling extremely well.

Since my wife is one of the few human beings with which I have regular, physical contact it's sort of depressing sometimes. She just doesn't understand anything I do. "Oh, that's nice." Not just woodworking, but

*everything* I do, it seems like. The only people in my life who have a clue what I'm doing are Dad and my boss, and sometimes not even them.

If I didn't have the internet, I'd be all alone I think. At least here there are tool users lurking about.

Reply to
Silvan

That's the spirit. :)

I can relate to the equestrian thing, or pretty much whatever else. I do have to admit that it cuts both ways in my case too, and I'm as likely to nod, say "yes dear," and look for some toothpicks with which to prop my eyes open as she is.

It's really quite amazing that we get along as well as we do, considering that the only common interest we have is making sure the bills get paid on time. It's been working for 10 years come next January though, and I don't think either of us can imagine getting divorced.

Reply to
Silvan