OT: Screwfix carrier bag

chocolate of course

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

snip

Sainsburys sell bags for life for 10p. IIUC when they deteriorate they give you a free replacement.

Try using them, you'll soon see why

I would have thought a slightly modified card version would work.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Beer, but that's they only time I've shopped in lidle for beer.

Reply to
whisky-dave

How long then do these bags last ? What happens to the one you give back to them so you get your replacement 'free' one ?

here here, try carrying them on a bus or tube, the only reasons amaericans can use them is because they use thier cars to collect everything.

Yep, but that would take a bit of thought, you'd have thopught someone in the EU could come up with something, but I guess there's no profit in it.

Reply to
whisky-dave

the issue is usually cost. It would probably add another ha'penny.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

How long is piece of string? I've got some around here that have been knocking about for a few years. Others have lasted just a few days.

They say they are recycled - given that collecting carrier bags for recycling is fairly well established now hopefully that happens in reality.

Well, a cardboard box would work - coke cans come in them, as do larger quantities of beer cans sometimes.

Presumably it's a cost thing.

Reply to
Chris French

depends on the lenght when you buy it surely, last reel I brought was 50 metres.

I'm NOT talking about working life. When a handle breaks or I get a hole in a bag it gets USED. IF I know the bag is recycleable plastic I use it for recycleable waste such as paper, otherwise I use it for cat litter and the Non-recycable stuff. I've no idea as yet whether when I buy bin liners they will be recycalable or not as I've yet to buy them have 2 weeks left of the free bags, which I was told are recyalable.

Reality is what I'm interested in, I don't think apart from me I've seen ANYONE take one of those bags back so either they do outlive the users of the user can't be bothered to re-use them and just dumps them.

Lots of things do but not everything so there must be a reason.

Yep but a cost to who or what is the important thing, maybe all those plastci holders are made from recycled plastic.

Reply to
whisky-dave