Ot: Or not. tower fire...

Me too.

Reply to
Capitol

what was he doing eating crisps and drinking from a can while driving ?......

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

and what happened to the airbags ? ....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

He had two children in the car. They were eating the crisps and drinking from a can.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It was around 2002

There was no frontal impact so I imagine they didn't deploy

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

En el artículo , dennis@home escribió:

No idea. I can't find the article I saw, but it had a diagram showing the location of pipework for retrofit external sprinklers on the Dubai Torch building.

This isn't the same link, but it'll do. It's too hot and my brane is melting.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

nothing new there...what is a brane? .....an extended object analogous to the strings of string theory?....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

'course they were .....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

They spent 70000 per flat on refurbishment compared to 50000 on similar block in a neighbouring borough so they can't blame it on "Tory cuts".

Reply to
bert

So have I - been the innocent victim in one case.

Reply to
bert

At least he doesn't use other people's money to do it, Dave. Like you and your lot.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

But given how difficult it has proved to re-house the residents of one tower block, I don't see how he thinks it's remotely practical for "residents in hundreds of tower blocks with flammable cladding to be rehoused immediately unless the government can reassure them that their homes are safe"?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Seems they have only found 3 in London with the same cladding. And work is starting immediately to remove it. No need to re-house the tenants while this is sorted.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yes, good.

It seems the 600 figure was for "similar" cladding, not "same" cladding, but it still shows he's happy with sound-bite politics that he thinks it would be possible to rehouse the residents of 600 towers immediately.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Rather depends on whether he knew the cladding posed the same risk or not. And until there is a proper enquiry, no one will. Could be the wrong fixing method (etc) made it a great deal worse.

What Camden are doing - according to the news on now - is to provide round the clock fire wardens in the effected buildings until the cladding is sorted.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In message , at 17:41:32 on Thu, 22 Jun

2017, "Dave Plowman (News)" remarked:

You've caught that meme, it's *affected*.

Reply to
Roland Perry

It doesn't mention BC in that article that I can see.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Would that really mitigate the risk?

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

people learn not to get excited over typos.

Reply to
tabbypurr

In message , at

12:21:34 on Thu, 22 Jun 2017, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com remarked:

It's more than that - today both the PM and the BBC Newsperson referred to "effected", even if the printed versions say "affected".

Reply to
Roland Perry