OT MSSE XP end of support nagging screens etc

A home PC may be shared by several members of a family. Personally I would not want to give (some) kids admin privileges.

Forcing admin privileges on all users defeats the object of security and it should not be bypassed, even[1] on Windows.

[1] Or especially.
Reply to
Mark

Its one where an exploit installed by a user can't get to it, ie not one on a machine with user access. Why people think that another bit of software running on their machine will protect them is something I don't understand. Its probably been installed by them and might well just turn the firewall off.

Reply to
dennis

You are, of course, assuming that the user has access to the manage the software firewall.

Reply to
Adrian

A good two orders of magnitude after! I think our space faring, inter-galactic travelling descendents will have far more worrying concerns to think about by then (assuming 'intelligent life' survives that long).

I think we can all agree that the 64 bit solution will serve the future generations for a more than sufficient period.

Reply to
Johny B Good

+1

And often much more difficult to un-install and/or to rid your system of its remnants.

Reply to
alan

The sun creates it's own fuel.

Reply to
bert

How?

Reply to
Roger Mills

Well indeed, Jack Hargreaves might know. :-)

Reply to
polygonum

Really? And i thought fusion stopped when the atoms got to iron.

Reply to
dennis

Of course it doesn't, idiot.

Reply to
Huge

Twists minds that come back for more...

Reply to
Adrian C

What???? Is this some new Green Credo?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Well obviously not since we have elements all the way up to uranium and beyond..

Recite after me :

God made the universe with Big Bang. and the suns, his angels made everything up to the iron in their fiery guts.

Dying angels explode and make all the lovely other stuff that Man needs like gold silver uranium and silicon, and that's why you and fairies are made of dead angels and star dust and will all in the end turn into cold iron.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The Sun is not going to go novae so it stops at iron.

Reply to
dennis

you didn't actually say the suns fusion, you said 'fusion'

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Stellar fusion stops at iron (or possibly nickel). Elements heavier than that are created in supernova explosions. That's also fusion but stellar fusion generates releases energy which stops the star imploding. It's when fusion can no longer generate energy that interesting things happen.

You can read all about it in Winky.

Reply to
Tim Streater