OT Jaguar Landrover

But that isn't important. The only thing that matters is that they're English.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The latter (of course). However it was none of those things that will impact my mate, it is a 'political' one.

He can't represent a body if his country of origin isn't part of that group. It is fair (if not good for him) because he understands how it works and what he signed up for.

In the exact same vein a mate ripped one of my CV's to shreds because I mentioned that I was 6'2" tall. He asked why I thought my height was relevant, unless I was applying for a role as a Dalek operator. ;-)

Would it be hightest to not accept me in the role of 'Dalek operator or purely practical?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

that's you and me out of it then ;-)

Reply to
charles

Didn't happen when I was at school, my French teacher was pakistani couldn' t understand him whatever language he spoke. When I told my french flatmate she said it was rediculaous in France if they want someone to learn Englis h they employ someone that is English and can speak with an English accent. A friend of mine who is English is teaching English in spain, he's taugh a couple of the servilla football team.

Reply to
whisky-dave

And depending on how far you go back, that's probably most of us! ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

In article , whisky-dave writes

I used to watch the football league back in the 60s. It was every bit as exciting if not more so than the current spectacle. The England team would probably also do better. We would also be able to control the way the TV rights are sold rather than the current system set by the EU Competition Commissioner which works directly contra the interests of the consumer.

Reply to
bert

Well personly I'd be interviewing disabled people especailly those wheelchair bound, because they;d be more belivable :-)

Reply to
whisky-dave

Well we can't all be perfect can we ;-)

Reply to
whisky-dave

But a Dalek operator is sitting down inside the Dalek. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Now if he'd been your English teacher, would have explained everything.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

We've been out of it for years. ;-) The job market, that is.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Hehe. Ok, what about the role as an 'Ewok'? ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m