Jaguar crusis

Friend with a Jaguar gets a message on the dash, Cruise Control Not Available.

Wife checks Jaguar forums. Finds suggestion to tape up a crack in the air intake pipe.

No crack, but lid for window washer fluid not on perfectly. Replaced lid.

Message disappears and cruise works well.

Reply to
Micky

Is Lucas still doing electrical stuff for British cars?

Reply to
rbowman

Good old Lucas

I owned a TR-3 for 30 years and under the hood there were two fuses.

One day I was careless in replacing a fuse and stuck a replacement in the empty space between the fuse holders...it fit there just fine.

Caused no harm but starting the car required no key.

Reply to
philo

Lucas was just anticipating key fobs by a decade or three.

Reply to
rbowman

Ahh, The Prince of Darkness.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

The back of the ignition switch was easily accessible and even a rank amateur car thief could easily have hot wired the TR-3.

That said, they would be pretty hard to steal because getting one started at all was not a sure thing...especially if the temp. got the least bit on the cool side.

Reply to
philo

Sounds like a Jag. To drain the radiator, remove the fuse behind the left taillight.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

philo posted for all of us...

+1 HAA
Reply to
Tekkie®

A friend had this problem. In her case the connector to the stop light switch (under the dash) had come loose for whatever reason.

Reply to
Jack Myers

But that really is related to the Cruise. You need the stop light switch to disengage it. I'm not sure what the windshield washer lid does.

Reply to
Micky

I kinda pity British people driving cars like that. Lucas, knight of darkness. Really fitting.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

They deserve it... I went through my British sports car phase as did most of my friends. They were marginally better than Italian sports cars but that's another story.

I found some of the performance specs for the '60s generation of sports cars on line. Sadly, my Yaris would smoke most of them, handles a lot better, starts in the morning, and has a working heater.

Reply to
rbowman

That's a step up from the XK150's. To do anything, start removing bodywork and wheels. But they were classy looking.

Reply to
rbowman

My friend has only had his Jag for 3 months but he loves it. Even his wife says it will be hard for her to drive her car. He lived in NYC until 9 months ago, had a Cadillac for a while, and then rented cars. Now he's in Georgia.

Reply to
Micky

Yaris made the list...there are *much* worse!

bob_villain

Ford did a lot to get them on the right path and Tata dumped a lot of money into them and sales have increased. the style of the sedans is bland, but the F-type series has some potential. In any case, way overpriced for what you get.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

The model he wanted was no longer made. Maybe that's the only reason why he bought a used car, or maybe he would have anyhow.

Reply to
Micky