OT Irish Border

councils closing libraries, leaving potholes in the road, etc. That's austerity, surely?

Reply to
charles

wotsit critcher sed...

Aren't the NI proddies more of Scottish descent than English?

Not many Cons in Scotland to welcome them.

Reply to
Steve

Then why can they not dismantle the so called peace walls that separate the different communities in Northern Ireland in an attempt to stop them kicking the shit out of each other.

Those who represent the Norths various factions cannot even agree to meet each other in their devolved legastive assembly .

The IRA in its various forms has regularly stood down as members age and decide that they may actually like to live past middle age and turn into politicians, the 60?s to mid 90?s version the provisional IRA just followed the established pattern. It won?t take much for one of the younger versions already causing less publicised incidents to whip up support if conditions allow them to gather support, and when you see the inflammatory language as used by Harry and Cursitor of Doom that Ireland will have to do what they are told by the UK a view not just held by an idiot and a troll you could see how easily things could revert.

GH

Reply to
Marland

No I'm Memorex.

Reply to
Tim Streater

You mean the debt hasn't been reduced? Gish - who knew.

Minimal impact on the debt.

Said no one ever.

Since the 1980s.

Who said they were. Stop re-spouting Dave-bollocks.

Reply to
Tim Streater

For the first year it is now less than that of the last Labour government before the world wide banking crash.

Good to know you are so proud of your parties achievement. But then Brexit is starting to rival that in taking forever to actually do something about it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

They have no choice, Dave. The UK is a *massive* consumer market running a big trade deficit with the RoW and if they want a piece of the action then they *have* to dance to our tune.

I'm beginning to see a pattern to your thinking here: we have malpractice at home so it's OK to have malpractice in Brussels. Great thinking, Dave!

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Nope. It simply means requiring other countries to not permit the violation of our mutual borders by non-EU citizens. What's so hard about that?

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

What reports?? I don't read those underground Commie newspapers you do. I prefer something a bit more accredited.

A most unfortunate intervention of Fate, I would guess.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

NI has been their country for 400 f****ng years. You think they should be dispossessed of it?? How would *you* like to abandon your roots and be forcibly moved elsewhere? You're not a Nazi are you? You seem to believe Nazi ideology is the solution here.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Ha! I'd like to see the Irish sever all ties with the UK and see how that works out for them, given their somewhat precarious geographical position.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

The EU is a Globalist entity. It's Globalism that's impoverished the poor you see sleeping in shop doorways at night and having to resort to food banks for survival. When I can buy stuff directly over the internet straight from China; stuff probably made by peasants on starvation wages or prison labour, rather than go down the local high street to buy it, then this is the consequence. Nothing to do with Tories; it was exactly the same under Labour.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Not one of those - which I have never read - or even seen. It was in the Belfast Telegraph .

Reply to
charles

All resistance against tyranny has to start somewhere, Dave. We did it in

1939 as well if you recall.
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

No, a regionalist entity actually. So is the UK.

It's Globalism that's impoverished the poor

No, they do that because they are either stupid druggies or are the loonies we used to keep in locked wards, or often both.

and having to resort to food

They choose to use food banks and spend their benefits on booze and drugs.

When I can buy stuff directly over the internet

No, very decent wages there. That?s why they choose to work in the factories.

It isnt done by prison labour.

rather than go down the local high street to buy it,

No it isnt with those that sleep in doorways and use food banks.

Nothing to do with Tories; it was exactly

Yes. But nothing to do with globalisation.

Reply to
dkol

Globalisation is not the correct solution for everything, and that is what has become apparent.

Brexit is a correction to it.

There are others taking place.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

We? Basking in the reflected glory of your Parents perhaps.

Your platoon is waiting for you down the Novelty Rock Emporium.

GH

Reply to
Marland

I think the sums you are doing are unknowable. This is in the main because after the EU (by a long way) the UK's major trading partners are China and the US.

Now, do those two countries really care that much about the UK market? Certainly for goods? In fact, I'd worry more if they do care than if they don't . . .

I think the UK economy post-Brexit needs to correct the deficit, and produce and consume more domestic stuff. It won't be pretty, but there it is.

Without that, if there's any hope on the global stage outside the EU it will be for services - in the main, financial. And I find that dismal. Mainly because I don't want to live in a puffed up cold and wet version of the Cayman Islands.

Reply to
RJH

When was the last time anyone took a book out of a library?

Enhanced traffic calming. It works.

Poor examples!

Reply to
Fredxx

I have 2 upstairs, taken out a couple of weeks ago.

They can also cause accidents, particularly for bicycles,

Reply to
charles