OT Irish Border

It's just as likely as many of the assertions which seem to appear in this thread.

Reply to
charles

allow the Irish republic to unite with Northern Ireland, let any NI people that don't like this to move here, problem solved.

Reply to
critcher

how the f*ck do you equate the problems caused by austerity are really the fault of the EU.

Reply to
critcher
<snip>

The real s*****ad is Camoron promising to match Labour's expenditure whilst cutting taxes. Thereby endorsing Labour's spending plans.

Just be thankful the Tories weren't in power. Also if John Redwood and his cronies had enacted further financial deregulation the bank bailouts would have been far worse.

Reply to
Fredxx

Since when have threats by the IRA ever influenced UK government policy? We have a solid reputation (largely thanks to Lady Thatcher) for not doing deals with the likes of them, regardless of the threat level (even if there were one, which there isn't).

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Oh right. Just like Trump promised he?d make the Mexicans pay for his wall ?

Reply to
fred

Invalid comparison, me old mate.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

EU has dominated and controlled economic planning in the whole EU - and we are subject to that planning.

Who else COULD be to blame?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

If you look at the reports on the Docklands Bomb (1997 - post Thatcher) you will see that "the IRA bombed themselves on to the conference table". I only just missed the explosion, I was due to go a meeting in the area later that week..

Reply to
charles

Then you mean open borders. Unless you're trying to prevent people escaping. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Then taking back control of our borders actually means getting other countries to do it for us?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

And single handed, the UK is going to roll back globilisation.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

He reads and believes the papers who say *everything* is the fault of the EU. Much the same as this government blames everything on the previous Labour goverment. It saves them having to do anything about it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Which 'deficit' would that be Tim? There are so many to pick and choose from.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

I was false news then as it is now.

The IRA didnt want the conference table. They wanted the Bristish to give up protecting the cathloics from te proddies first - hence the violence to make the catholics enemies of the troops who came over to protect them, and then to make te cost of pretecting the (pretty obnoxious) proddies from the IRA too high.

Tyhat was the game plan. What happend accotdiung to MI sources is that over the period of the troubles the IRA were 100% infiltrated and known.

Behind the scenes the ultimatum was 'conference or a bullet'. Getty anmd Martin had to deliver te IRA to stop the troubles. Asshooting every IURA member was deemed conyter productive, but the top few? well accidents or loyalists could take them out.

Or they could be heroes of the people and deliver peace and power sharing.

Adams and McGuinness were compromised completely. The problem was to deliver the IRA rank and file, and that was their job.

The IRA has no support anymore. Ireland has a taste for peace.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

not ethnic cleansing, the NI prots believe they are more English than Irish, so let them come over here. They support the Cons so they would be most welcome. The IRA and Catholics would be more than happy to unit with The Republic of Ireland.

Reply to
critcher

Are you real?

Reply to
critcher

We haven't had very much in the way of austerity, and it doesn't look > like we're going to. Are you on the same planet as the rest of us, or are you a millionaire.

Reply to
critcher

and how long have they been blaming the Labour Government ? ever since they came to power. To talk about Tories reducing debt is bollocks, the poor bastards that are on the streets and going to food-banks, and are paying more rent because they have one more bedroom than they need, these are the people that have "cut the deficit".

70,000 operations cancelled, no police, no firemen, because there are "not so many fires". Private companies controlling our utilities, these are the problems facing us today, and they weren't caused by the EU.
Reply to
critcher

But of course, we mustn't let our conquered nations get what they want at our expense.

Reply to
critcher