OT Irish Border

I don?t know about that,the way some people were stashing trolleys just in case shops never opened again after the recent celebration of consumer spending appears to indicate that many do ,attracted by the many offers that are available. And in a DIY context there must be many a person who attracted by the relatively low cost of something like a welder in the centre section of Lidl have purchased one despite having no requirement or skill to use it but it seemed a good idea at the time. The desire to hoard is stronger and more widespread than may be apparent, emptying the premises of someone like that often reveals many unused /unopened items and can be another symptom of age related illnesses.

GH

Reply to
Marland

As I understand it, Brexit requirs control of immigration, Without a closed border with Ireland, how is that to be achieved.

The Irish DON'T want a closed border.

Reply to
charles

You don't want control over our borders? Thought that was a brexiteer red line.

Of course. When we both played to the same rules, no need for a border. Once that changes in any way, one side or the other isn't going to be happy.

The EU hasn't changed. We have - or rather want to.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Irish Border checks are not the only way to control immigration.

No, The EU does.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The Irish border problem isn't about people. That is solvable

It is (smuggled) goods that create the difficult problems

No they don't, so why is it us being asked to make ALL the concessions?

tim

Reply to
tim...

but they will be able to sell their smuggled goods on the black (where tariff imbalances create a profit from doing so).

tim

Reply to
tim...

I don't want to impose rules on other countries

Learn to read!!!!!!!

So erect a border then Simples.

tim

Reply to
tim...

and bring back the IRA, etc.?

Reply to
charles

You certainly are simple if you think people can't finds jobs or accommodation without the correct paperwork.

of course it could be properly enforced. Adding yet more jobs to the long list needed after we crash out. But we can always get in more immigrants to fill them.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

FFS. The status quo was an open border. We are the ones changing things by leaving - not the EU. Were you really conned by Farage etc that the EU would give in to our every demand after we voted leave? I wasn't - a prime reason for voting remain. I didn't foresee all the problems that would arise, but knew there would be many. And we haven't scratched the surface yet.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

But its not an Iriah Border. It was institited by the U.K. to suit their own needs. The conservative voters and mps they were assured of They put it in place and look at the murder and mayhem it has caused. Chickens have come home to roost

Reply to
fred

Not at all. Its a limey problem. A totally ineffective limey Parliament fiddling whilst the country goes to the dogs. Councils bankrupt. Libraries closed. National Health service in tatters . Police numbers reduced. Growing percentage of people in poverty. Food banks to help those who cant afford to buy food. Thousands forced to sleep on the streets etc. etc.. No time to discuss any of this. Too busy fighting amongst themselves.

No its not Paddys problem. THey never wanted the bloody border in the first place but just got dropped in the shit by the U.K. and left to fester for 50 years

The chickens are well and truly home to roost

There are two types of countries in the E.C, Those who know they are small and those whoc haven't realised it yet.

Reply to
fred

Excuse me, as said already It is NOT an Irish Border its a U.K. one. The Irish never wanted it but had it foisted on them. Let the U.K. sort it out.

Reply to
fred

Easy. By requiring the Irish to ensure that no illegal migrants cross its border with the UK. Or else.

They'll play ball. They'll have f*ck all choice.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Smuggling ain't no biggie. We've lived with it perfectly happily for hundreds of years.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

What's the IRA got to do with anything lol!

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

because there is an open Border agreement (The Dublin Accord) after which the IRA gave up their "armed strugle". Close the border and it will start all over agian.

Reply to
charles

Yiu have no way of knowing that unless you are a high up member of the IRA.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

No one wants a hard border there; there's absolutely no need for one so let's just forget about it and move on to a dazzlingly bright future as a free nation and global trade powerhouse once more. 46 years in chains is long enough!

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

All those concerns you state have arisen as a consequence of EU membership and the wider Globalist agenda! Every single one of them and more besides! You're just too thick to see it! :-D

Reply to
Cursitor Doom