OT - Herpes deliveries

My mum used to get the container every time. But then she was the cashier.

Reply to
Bob Eager

through the door when we happened to be just standing behind the door. We opened the door and asked for the parcel and he admitted it wasn't actually on the van!

One RM delivery was shown as at the sorting office and then delivered. No sign of it at all. It was delivered the next day and the postie said that it had gone to the wrong sorting office and hadn't got to his one until that morning. RM and PF are f'ing useless.

Reply to
PeterC

I get quite a lot of deliveries and I won't hear even the door bell if I am out in one of the sheds. The only criticism I have of the box is that the combination lock is a bit small and fiddly for something that is only about a foot off the floor. I took it off and fitted a locking T handle instead.

Reply to
Nightjar

That's why I built a doorbell system that rings all the phones in the house. Audible in every room and there is also a big old dome-style bell in the garden.

It was all inspired by delivery people. And CCTV recording to prove they didn't wait (which has caused them to be sent back half an hour later by their office on a couple of occasions).

Reply to
Bob Eager

They're all useless in their own ways.

Reply to
Huge

Herpes? That's a virus, innit?

Reply to
mechanic

Turned up at the third attempt.

Obviously completely unrelated to me complaining to the Internet seller and making it obvious to them that if the delivery didn't happen then they would have to take back the goods and refund (as per standard terms).

Lot of mumbling about not me last time...from the courier.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

In most cases the door is knocked but the black bell-push on a white frame is ignored. Now, a system that detected aknock... Probably wouldn't work here, as the trains would set it off. Or, of course, a system that could detect cunning, stupidity, religion etc. on approach...

Reply to
PeterC

I keep thinking about a knock detector. It would trigger a recording saying "Please use the bell".

Reply to
Bob Eager

I will admit that is an advantage of dogs over cats - dogs can be trained to respond to door knocks.

If you can't hear the barking, train the dog to press a bell pad.

Cats just think "my staff will get my latest toys from Amazon for me" and go back to sleep.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Cats do that without training mine always looks up when it hears something it wasn't expecting.

It's called conserving energy part of their contribution to not increasing global warming.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Yes, but how did you get it delivered? ;-)

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I had it dropped off at a friend's factory unit.

Reply to
Nightjar

our Hermes delivery person is female!

Reply to