OT Hazard warning lights and hard braking

still the fiat then?

Reply to
Jim K..

Under the drivers seat.

The little one at the RHS of the dash is pretty stealth too, I kept my tomtom in there.

Reply to
Graham.

Or old rovers

Reply to
Jim K..

another London "advantage" - cars rarely get moving quick enough to need it...

Reply to
Jim K..

Oh dear is the squirming Alzheimer's starting yet again?

Reply to
Jim K..

Promising that you've started to self diagnose, shame you'll forget it all & have to start again & again & again til the white coats come for you.

Hope you end up in a bubble full of people parking in bus stops & talking your kind of BS. ;-)

Reply to
Jim K..

Well I never knew that. They turn on automatically if you slam the brakes on.

First time that has happened and I have done 100000 miles in that van.

Reply to
ARW

I was driving an Octavia for over a year before I realised that the breaks came on to stop you rolling back when moving off on a hill, I was using the handbrake as I have always done.

I also found a useful cubbyhole that I didn't know was there when I was cleaning the interior prior to handing it back.

Reply to
Graham.

Yes. It lasted 3 weeks from the new bumper, wing, headlight, power steering pump repairs that I caused by running into the wall before the drive shaft fell out.

Reply to
ARW

Had that on a Renault 15 years ago.

Good idea.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

On a Ford Focus it is called hill assist and was PITA when attempting to park in a very tight space on a hill. After a few attempts to park and found to to be a hindrance than helpful I found the menu option to turn it off.

Reply to
alan_m

Which cubbyhole? I have an Octavia.

Reply to
ARW

That happened to me with the old Ford Galaxy (the one that was also a Seat Alhambra dn a VW Sharan). I was cleaning it before selling it and found two storage lids in front on the front door pockets!

Reply to
Bob Eager

You are lucky the shotgun cartridge in the seet belt and the air bag did not go off as well! grin. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

And you did not cut your chin on the sharp edge on the drivers door either? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Came as a surprise to me too after driving my Fiesta for 10 years. Was probably the first time I'd had to brake hard in it.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I used to have a Volvo which massively increased the servo boost if you hit the brakes hard, but I don't think the hazards came on automatically.

Does your handbook say that yours are *supposed* to turn on automatically - or could the heavy braking have caused something to fall onto the switch?

Reply to
Roger Mills

I only became aware of hazards coming on with heavy braking after watching top gear and their "reasonably priced car".

Reply to
Fredxx

It (emergency stop signalling) is already a feature on many vehicles and is one of the things the Commission proposed last year should be compulsory on all new cars from 2021.

Reply to
Robin

Ta. I had not seen the one under the seat.

Although saying that I have only driven it doxen times since I got it at Christmas.

Reply to
ARW