OT: EMF Camp

Anyone going? Few tickets on sale now.

GB

Is it just what it suggests or some hidden political agenda?

"EMF is sold out! We're sorry if you didn't manage to get a ticket."

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Looks like a LGBT meeting organized by a couple of stoned hippies to me.

I'd rather stick my knob in a wasps nest that visit that place.

Reply to
ARW

LOL.

I was willing to give it a chance ...

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

I haven't been, but I think it's just a bunch of nerds in a field. (I don't regard nerd as pejorative, btw). Nothing particularly political.

Tickets went on sale at 7PM, and sold out 90 minutes later. So, there's no shortage of nerds.

Reply to
GB

Each to their own fetish I guess. I personally wouldn't enjoy that. :)

Reply to
GB

"And the geek shall inherit the earth"

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It's not a fetish and I would not enjoy it.

But sticking my knob in a wasps nest seems more preferable than attending that camp.

Reply to
ARW

What a strange man you are to be sure.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Understood.

It's just when I read 'democracy' alongside 'origami' I'm not sure what size paper I'll need to bring. Broadsheet or redtop? ;-)

No, I'm sure there aren't and I could have been interesting in rocking up, to see / try stuff like blacksmithing, lockpicking, quadcopters and knitting (not sure if any of those would be on the top of any nerd list). ;-)

But it's in Guilford and sold out so I'll just have to wait for your report. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Don't be silly. No soft furnishings or flower arranging.

What have you got against wasps?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Hahahahaha!!

Adam: have you *ever* been stung *anywhere* by a *single* wasp?

J.

Reply to
Another John

As you will not be attending that camp, we look forward to hearing about the outcome of your interaction with the wasps.

Reply to
Richard

Seems like a bigger outdoor version of a makerspace like this:

Richard

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

But you're The, not Adam.

Reply to
Richard

Yes, on more than one occasion. Most people have.

Have you ever been bitten by a snake?

Reply to
ARW

or sticking your knob in a wasps nest.

Reply to
ARW

You've changed the topic from ludicrous and therefore meaningless metaphors to a c*ck-comparison competition -- fairly predictable.

And No - I haven't been bitten by a snake.

And yes, of course I have been stung by a wasp or two (somewhat less easy to dodge than snakes), which is why your original metaphor is so stupid. It's like the morons who say things like "I'd rather stab my eye out than [whatever]". You almost wish (No, you wouldn't really) that someone would do it for them, just to see if they *would* rather have done [whatever].

J.

Reply to
Another John

You ever heard of satire?