OT: credit transfers to E.on

Latest message today

The latest info. We've been beavering away to agree some final information with Enstroga, and when this is completed we can transfer any credit you had and update your account balance - and then send you an up to date bill.

Reply to
newshound

Latest from EDF, they've set up gas and electric accounts, and taken first direct debit payment for each, I've sent them meter readings, they sent a message to say they won't be able to talk to my smart meters. Now they say it'll take another 6-8 weeks to agree final meter reading with ex-supplier, still no mention of credit balance transfers ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

To be fair to the SOLRs, this must be a gigantic pain in the neck. I am (reasonably) confident that the numbers will eventually be sorted and the credit balances restored. It seems likely that many if not all of the failed companies have been trying to use credit balances as working capital, and without a doubt all their accounting systems and methods will vary widely. I guess it might be prudent at the end of the day to add up all the bank debits and look at the available meter data to check whatever we finally get offered. Heaven help those with faulty smart meters though.

The committment is that all lost balances will be restored, although the cost of some if not all will be spread between us as a "social cost".

Reply to
newshound

So the 15 million who have never switched and effectively subsidised those that did, now have to pay an extra £94/year (according to OFGEM) to cover all those lost 'credit' balances, plus the increase in the CAP as well ?.

Reply to
Andrew

bastards

Reply to
Jim.GM4DHJ ...

you took a gamble on fly by night scumbagas so you should have lost your balances ......bastards

Reply to
Jim.GM4DHJ ...

No. For a long time the 15 million got screwed as they *could* have had better deals. But those on capped variable tariffs got some of this back during the current fiasco. The final costs (including that part, which was a subsidy to *them*) will be shared across *all* electricity consumers as part of the "social costs" package.

Reply to
newshound

Except a lot of them couldn't because they were not on mains gas which locks them out of the subsidised dual fuel deals, plus they were penalised by having extra green tariffs layred onto their electric bills, while,none of these green tariffs went onto subsidised gas bills. Plus a lot of don't want smart meters too.

Reply to
Andrew

I was under the impression that the latest smart meters are configurable so any reading system can access them very simply. I think it seems to me that incompetence in the implementation of such a crucial part of the system has left us the laughing stock of many. Can you imagine if every mobile phone system was totally different and handsets would never work on any but the one carrier? Or maybe it would be that radios would only receive the bbc? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

It's not far off that in reality given the multiplicity of different technologies (2G, 3G, 3.5G, 4G, 5G) and frequencies. It's amazing that (most) modern phones can cope with a sufficient sub-set of them all to work reasonably seamlessly.

Reply to
Chris Green

mine's an old SMETS1 meter, they did also say they expect to upgrade the firmware on it eventually, but my model has never appeared on any list of upgradeable meters that I've seen.

Reply to
Andy Burns

You don't think electricity prices are linked to gas prices?

Reply to
newshound

The difference is that both the phone manufacturers and the service providers have the strongest of possible incentives to be compatible.

Reply to
newshound

All the green taxes go directly onto residential electric bills though no matter what fuel was used to generate power.

Reply to
Andrew

Answer the question

Reply to
newshound

It's not a gamble, we knew you would be there to make good any shortfall. Thanks Jim!

Reply to
John Rumm

And last wednesday they did the balance transfer, for a start it looked like they'd missed the 3 direct debits utility point took during the handover, but it was just the odd way they've shown it on the statements, it's all good, £450 in credit but took 4 months from start to finish ...

Reply to
Andy Burns