Latest stupid idea.

The government is to ban wet firewood. Best of luck trying to enforce that! http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4931808/Now-wood-burning-stoves-banned-radical-laws.html
On 22/05/2018 19:57, harry wrote:

Well figures say wood burning stoves produce over thirty times as many particulates per hour as diesel engines so they should be banned!
Yours included!
I think wood burning stoves can be quite efficient if made properly, but half the time its just put in by the trendy folk and those who have a ready form of wood to burn, but really, we got into the pollution mess in the first place due to the poor methods of combustion which produced smoke and sulphurous pollution. If you are as old as I am you will remember the smog's that were yellow and it was even inside the houses and any mask or filter you used, mainly scarves and handkerchiefs ended up yellow. We do not want to get back to those conditions again. Brian
--
----- -
On Tuesday, 22 May 2018 20:10:23 UTC+1, dennis@home wrote:

The problem is the particle size. Diesel engines produce very small particles which can get into the body cells. They are coated in chemicals which cause cancer. Also heart disease, DNA damage, asthma, emphysemia etc etc.
https://thetruthaboutcancer.com/10-cancer-causing-toxins/
On 23/05/18 15:30, harry wrote:

whenever you see a site like wwww.thetruthabout.... you know its really wwww.thelieswemadeupabout....

More of your lies.

Doesn’t say anything about wet firewood, liar.
A few years ago they kept on talking about wet back benchers, so obviously being a little damp could be a trend.
Brian
--
----- -
On 22/05/2018 19:57, harry wrote:

Not a minute too early...
Our whole neighbourhood smells of a bonfire for 6 months of the year...