OT: Compelling Usenet Newsgroups

Haven't spent that much time in Usenet for a while and having recently re-subbed to News.Individual.Net, I'd be interested to know what compelling 'general interest' newsgroups (eg. uk.d-i-y) people are using these days that I may not be aware of?

Obviously it's a case of to each his own taste. These are the ones I currently sub to / lurk in:

uk.tech.broadcast uk.tech.digital-tv alt.pcnews uk.d-i-y uk.media.radio.bbc-r2 uk.media.radio.bbc-r4 uk.media.tv.misc uk.people.silversurfers uk.telecom uk.telecom.broadband uk.telecom.mobile

Any other recommendations? TIA.

Reply to
aa

You forgot free.uk.diy.nuclear-device

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Place for right-wing nutters.

Place for spam.

Both reasonable newsgroups but not a lot of traffic nowadays.

uk.comp.homebuilt

Reply to
Mark

comp.misc alt.folklore.computers

If you're that way inclined.

Reply to
Huge

alt.folklore.computers comp.risks

Reply to
Bob Eager

Worth noting that comp.risks is available as a mailing list.

Reply to
Huge

comp.sys.raspberry-pi

Reply to