flash newsgroups??

Who are these people and has anyone tried complaining to them about the posts here from them. Its stupid using a newsgroup in the way their users are expecting everyone else to go to their web site as presumably they do not tell the folk using the portal exactly what they are posting to. Brian
--
----- -
It gets mentioned a fair few times, and there is a slightly fuller explanation of the problems in an article on the wiki (link below) that can be linked to, but I guess the short answer is that the operators probably don't care. Since its likely all they want out of it is ad revenue, and scraping a usenet group is a cheap way of getting lots of relevant text that can be indexed by search engines.
On 01/11/2016 08:13, Brian Gaff wrote:

--
Cheers,

John.

Someone who has chosen to setup a portal like that and others that have come across it and use it.

Yes.

Neither does groups.google.
Maybe not but enough people still use Google to show the world how it works. Besides unless they have taken it away, they used to explain all this in their help pages. I know nobody ever reads those.... I just do not like web based interfaces to any forums. To me mailing lists that can also be forums are the best of both worlds for all users.
Brian
--
----- -

I certainly prefer usenet, but that isnt because of the interface, its because the forums are all moderated and most moderators are ego driven fuckwits.
And I have been a moderator myself.

Many disagree with you there even with email now.

On Tue, 1 Nov 2016 08:13:07 -0000, "Brian Gaff"

Not having heard of flash newsgroups, I googled them and their web site was the first hit. But FF refused to connect as it said the web site was insecure. So I'm none the wiser. But I take it that it's some sort of usenet news server, rather like news.individual.net
--

Chris

It seems to be the host used by this shower shower who post followups to years old threads or just a few lines with the actual infoo needing you to go to this shower showers web site. Briabn
--
----- -
On 01/11/16 08:13, Brian Gaff wrote:

Kill thread on sender address *@example.com works for me ...
--
Adrian C

Not every news reader has that, and in any case it seems many users really are genuine and are being misled. Brian
--
----- -
On 02/11/16 08:53, Brian Gaff wrote:

'blocked senders list'
;-)
--
Adrian C

On 02/11/2016 08:53, Brian Gaff wrote:

The front page of the site does say its a front end for usenet groups:
"We also provide free, on-the-go reading and posting access to 13 Usenet discussion groups, completely anonymously and without requiring registration."
Alas without any indication as to what usenet is, or how to get the best use from it.
--
Cheers,

John.