O rings for hose fittings - where to buy?

Quite similar to a recent thread but different.
Where can one buy the O rings used in standard garden hose 'push
together' fittings? I have quite a number of fittings which are
quite serviceable except for a failed O ring.
Reply to
tinnews
My local garden centre has packets of 10 or so quite close to the hose fittings themselves.
Reply to
Roger Mills
What you'll end up buying the 'O' ring for you'd be better off buying the push fit connector as its about 95p to £1.10 at least thats what it cost me in a garden center.
:-)
Reply to
George
In article , snipped-for-privacy@isbd.co.uk writes
Garden centre sources as others have suggested plus they are BS111 size, i/d 7/16", o/d 5/8", 3/32" thickness which may help you finding them at a local engineering supplier. Also available as RS part no 689-653 from
£2.45+vat per 50.
Reply to
fred
Thank you, excellent, I can probably consolidate an order for these with other odds and sods I need.
Reply to
tinnews
In article ,
You're lucky the fittings have lasted long enough for the O ring to wear out. They must be made of the worst plastic manufactured anywhere. Or perhaps they're never expected to be dropped on a hard surface...
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)
Some of the fittings (though not all) are brass ones! :-)
The usual cause of their demise hereabouts is either me driving over them or one of our horses stepping on them.
Reply to
tinnews
Aldi have a box of 382 assorted O rings from Sunday. Don't know if they include the 'Hozelock' size, but it would surprise me if they didn't.
, William.
Reply to
William McNicol

Site Timeline Threads