New sauna problems

Simon Mason used his keyboard to write :

and, what does that tell you?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Only in the smoke alarm.

It is wired directly from the fuse box before the fuses.

Reply to
Simon Mason

Judging by the way you have connected that t&e cable .. I'd stick to chemistry. No physical restraint, no gland to prevent chaffing ... even a grommet would help. and you are going to mix water & electric elements together ... hmmmm

Reply to
rick

The water turns to steam as soon as it hits the rocks.

Reply to
Simon Mason

Chaffing eh? That's a joke! :-)

Reply to
Chris Green

People make rubbish saunas

Reply to
Simon Mason

Simon sez: His post was not difficult the rest of us to understand.

Odd that the rest of the group think otherwise.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

He said it blew up and he repaired it. The photo is the new bit.

Because they're weird folk.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

How difficult would it have been to put a fuse in the circuit? All cable should have a fuse at the same rating or lower than the cable, then it won't catch fire.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

There is the big bastard 50W main fuse of course.

Reply to
Simon Mason

50 watts? I assume you meant amps. For most that's a 100 amp fuse, not 50. And is the wiring to the sauna capable of taking the 50/100 amps?
Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

... a troll.

Reply to
Huge

Oh - when did you get your Chemistry "degree"?

I am surprised you never bragged about that in the URC days.

Reply to
Judith

How about: people f*ck about with electricity when they very clearly don't know what they are doing.

Reply to
Judith

On Saturday, 3 December 2016 00:34:15 UTC, Judith wrote: e.

GRSC at Hull College of Higher Education in 1981 where Phil Larkin was the librarian.

Simon Mason

And who wired it in such a fashion?

You?

Reply to
Judith

Yes - here is my expert handiwork.

Simon Mason

That's the fused side so either it isn't yours or you were making it up.

Reply to
dennis

You're a fan of radial circuits, then? Did you need to cut any strands out of the 6mm cables to get 2 of them into the terminal?

Reply to
Steve Hall

Electricity really isn't that complicated.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword