National Double Glazing Companies- Worth using?

Telling them that you're a renter makes them leave pronto.

Mind you, we live down a 1/4 mile of farm track and in 18 years we've had maybe 2 or 3 cold callers.

Reply to
Huge

Thanks for all your comments and advice. I wish I had the time for some sport, but the thought of a roomful of white socked guys in shiny cheap suits all queuing to use the phone to get the latest discount offers who refuse to leave and then stalk me for months afterwards is too much to bear! I'll stick with a couple of local companies.

Cheers

Reply to
BodgeIt

I found another way, I started the conversation as soon as he sat down by saying "I'd like you to give me a "QUOTE" for replacing these windows as I have 3 other tenders coming....." it was an Anglian Rep. was chatting away telling me how bad the other supliers were and that everyones elses UVPC went yellow after 5 years etc.. So I just kept repeating what he said while looking out of the corner of my eye at the webcam I'd set up to record, he noticed teh partially hidden cams LED and he couldn;t get out the place quick enough as soon as he clapped eyes on it. A local DG company asked me what type of windows I had, they said they didn;t need measuring and it would be around =A3200 per window, but I didn;t have much confidence in them due to them not thinking they needed to measure. The Everest surveyer measured every window at 3 points, top, middle, & bottom.

In the End I went with Everest who were expensive, but I was happy with the work, they didn't leave any mess and took away all the rubbish including the old windows, so no skip required.

Reply to
whisky-dave