Looking for hose connector for mixer tap

This is the tap

Diameter of metal bit is about 28mm

All the ones I have seen are smaller and the ones that clamp on need the tap's neck to be at right angles to the outlet

Reply to
Murmansk

Clamp on hose connectors are an abomination just waiting to flood your house. ;-)

If there?s an aerator or flow laminator (okay, that?s not the word but the thing that gives you a nice stream of water) that unscrews from the end of your tap, you may be able to screw in a fitting that you can then connect to a hose lock style connector.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Make the extra bit of effort and add an outside tap. It's amazing how useful having one can be.

Reply to
Steve Walker

Not if you have been asked to jet wash someone else's decking!

Reply to
Murmansk

:)

Reply to
Steve Walker

Can't tell because the tap is out of focus. Nice dishcloths though.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

Taps like that are prone to leaking at the joint at the base of the spout. You are going to put that under some pressure (if you can find a connector!) and possibly pull on the spout with the hose. So, when it leaks at some point in the future, the householder should know whom to blame.

Can you at least find a tap with a fixed spout to connect to?

Reply to
GB

On thinking about it I think the easiest way would be to fill the bath with water and stick the hose in that!

Reply to
Murmansk

Is the washing machine or dishwasher moveable? If so, you've got access to a threaded tap connection there.

Reply to
Steve Walker

dont bother. Get one of those special deck scrubbing brushes and use some elbow grease with added bleach and Lidl biological washing liquid.

Reply to
Andrew

And the note stuck on the window reminding the residents to wash up.

If the nozzle unscrews, what sort of thread is it ?.

Reply to
Andrew

I put the hose in the bath and out of the window. Bit of a pain but it worked.

Reply to
Murmansk