Loo seat

Further to my post of a couple of weeks ago bemoaning the generally rather fittings usually connecting loo seats with the pan, and wondering if there was any alternative design - I've now discovered there is - in B & Q of all places.
Having stood on my previous cheap white lid to do a job on the extractor fan and fortuitously broken it (the seat not the fan), I have, for the grand sum of 6.98 (less 10% geriatric discount) purchased a wooden "three piece" loo seat, with a completely different, very logically designed fitting that is very easy to install and looks very unlikely to start slipping, coming loose or whatever. I won't even begin to explain it in words. The picture doesn't really help either:
http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav/nav.jsp?isSearch=true&fh_search=toilet+seat&selected=products&x#&y &fh_sort_by=_price_rrp_min&fh_sort_order=1&fh_start_index=6&ts85429587289
but the "third piece" at the back of the seat covers, and is screwed on to, a sturdy plastic block that is in turn attached to the pan. I hope it works, but for 6.20 you can't really go wrong!
Keith

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav/nav.jsp?isSearch=true&fh_search=toilet+seat&selected=products&x#&y &fh_sort_by=_price_rrp_min&fh_sort_order=1&fh_start_index=6&ts85429587289
Tell me more about geriatric discount!
Mary

B & Q do 10% off on Wednesdays for over 60s. You have to bring in proof of age and they give you a discount card to present at the check out.
Keith

That is about the size of it. I needed some plaster boards and plaster so I took my Grandad shopping on a Wednesday to B&Q.
Adam
On 2007-07-26 18:28:38 +0100, "ARWadsworth"

Gets about, doesn't he, your grandad....
With B&Q it would be a positive advantage. It sounds like he would be very good at fending off the busybodies in the electrical and plumbing aisles who accost customers looking for something and when told insist that the customer needs something completely different and usually unsuitable.

I don't go to B & Q very often (and the last time I came away empty handed) but I have never been accosted in that manner. Could be of course that my grey hair doesn't make me look distinguished, just even more scruffy that their typical customers.
--
Roger Chapman

Ah - that must be why people keep calling me "Roger" :-)
Mary

I am delighted to say he gets about. He is 87 years old and has a new girlfirend.

I get 10% discount if he is with me in B&Q on a Wednesday. The trouble is on a Wednesday he is eyeing up all the females aged over 60 who also have discount cards.
Adam

They are not that particular, they are promoting them at the moment.
If you look a bit decrepit they'll offer you one at the till. :-))
DG
Keith Dunbar wrote:

And a bloody nightmare it is as well. Every time I have to go to B&Q on Wednesdays its packed full of coffin dodgers! Can't move for zimmer frames, walking sticks and badly dressed pensioners. Takes ages to get through the checkout.
--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Use the trade counter.
Adam

Yes - why is he going to B&Q anyway when he's a proper tradesman - who knows everything :-)
Mary
On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 20:23:38 +0100, "Mary Fisher"

Erm.....
......yeah.
--
Regards,
Stuart.
Mary Fisher wrote:

Thats the second time you have said that - what gives you the idea I claim to 'know everthing'?
--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

No, Dave mate -- you just give the impression that you know lots.
It's Mary who knows everything, as any fule kno, who reads UK Usenet.
;-)
john
words:

He obviously doesn't know not to shop in B&Q on a Wednesday...
--
AnneJ

If you don't quit, and don't cheat, and don't run home

With respect, you don't know how he works. I'd surmise that he arrives at a job on a Wednesday, to find that he needs something that couldn't be foreseen.
On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 19:20:32 UTC, "ARWadsworth"

Our local branch doesn't have a trade counter - only in the 'superstores', I think.

The 'Warehouse' versions. ;)
--
Regards,
Stuart.

But there's a separate trade counter (at least in my local B&Q).
--
Frank Erskine