completely stupid radiator?

Whilst browsing B&Q's web site I found this, two thousand pounds for this incredibly ugly radiator:

a metre square but only 1kW.

If I have read the description right, the "grass" pipe work does not carry the water (how could they, the pipes are dead-ends) but just act as a heat sink.

Why would anyone buy one of these? It costs more than the boiler and rest of the system put together!

Reply to
Robert

You wouldn't want to fall on top of it, either.

Would be mildly interesting, (for about a second), to see if they sell any.

Cheers Richard

Reply to
geraldthehamster

They are for people who put looks before cost. B&Q and Plumb Centre both do a whole catalogue of designer radiators, most of which have a low output and high cost. Tastes vary, so I would not expect anyone o like all the offerings.

I plan to use a few designer radiators when replumbing my house, but they are more in the couple of hundred pound range.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

"The base is water filled and transfers heat to the pipes making it an energy efficient option"

"Water filled base transfers heat to the pipes for energy efficiency"

So much better than those old-fashioned radiators that just lose heat to the surrounding air.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

For that money, they ought to be able to make them as heat pipes, which would work fine.

I can't imagine anything from B&Q being worth spending two grand on it!

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Not from the description, it doesn't

Why ?

Reply to
geoff

Why not? Go on, tell us, I'm dying (of laughing) to know.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Well it would, copper being one of the best conductors of heat available, just not as well as a "proper" radiator - which is why your "perfectly practical" statement is a bit stupid

Reply to
geoff

radiator:

> Almost a metre square but only 1kW.

Why do people buy nice looking crockery, crystal glasses, fancy clothes?

Robert

Reply to
RobertL

It's the future. Think of the savings.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Fools and their money...

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

^^^ but this isn't a nice radiator, it's a stupid one ;)

Reply to
Robert

In message , Robert writes

I bet it can't even do calculus