Fixing A Drywipe Board to the Wall

I have just purchased (online) a magnetic drywipe board (80cm x 60cm) for my daughter's newly decorated bedroom. The board (a very girly lilac) has a silver-coloured frame but the glass plate-type fixings I have been sent are of a brass effect. This will spoil the look on the wall. Does anyone know of anywhere I can buy silver effect glass plate fixings (I have checked the usual DIY stores - all brassy), or indeed advise of another way of fixing the board, which is not very heavy but must lie flat against the wall.
I know this is a fairly trivial matter, but it is the final touch to my daughter's lovely new room and she can't wait to start using the board.

Silicone or "Sticks Like Shit".
--
I do not like to talk to priests. Disposing of the bodies is so inconvenient.
[email me, if you must, at huge huge (dot) org <dot> uk]
On 24 Nov, 15:13, "Jo" wrote:

Spraypaint the brackets lilac?
Owain
Jo wrote:

How about the translucent fittings designed for mirrors?
--
Cheers,

John.

Sound good John, can these be purchased from any DIY store?

Jo wrote:

Yup,. found them in B&W before now.
http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action tail&fh_secondid64345&fh_view_size&fh_location=%2f%2fcatalog01%2fen_GB&fh_search=mirror+fixing&fh_eds=%C3%9F&fh_refview=search&ts59093515727&isSearch=true
Might also be worth looking at:
http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action tail&fh_secondid70734&fh_view_size&fh_location=%2f%2fcatalog01%2fen_GB&fh_search=mirror+fixing&fh_eds=%C3%9F&fh_refview=search&ts59093516202&isSearch=true and http://www.screwfix.com/prods/46116/Fixings/Furniture-Fixings/Fischer-Mirror-Fixing-Kit
--
Cheers,

John.

Jo wrote:

OHMYGOD, that is so not cool. Making a rod for your own back here mate.

Would self-adhesive Velcro be flat enough?
--
Mike Barnes

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 15:13:06 +0000, Jo wrote:

================================================ These would be suitable but you may need a piece of hardboard behind to pack out. They're designed for a mirror + packing of about 6mm. Most ordinary hardware shops will stock them:
http://www.focusdiy.co.uk/Hardware/Mirror-Corners-/invt/42442
The transparent clips mentioned by another poster may not be suitable as they hold the mirror slightly off the backing - IF they're the same as those I've got somewhere.
Cic.
Using Ubuntu Linux

Double sided sticky tape.
On 25 Nov, 09:03, "dennis@home" wrote:

I'm surprised no-one's suggested magnets yet :-)
Owain
wibbled on Wednesday 25 November 2009 10:56

Just the excuse to buy a selection from here:
http://www.first4magnets.com/f4335--50mm-x-50mm-x-25mm-thick-n45-neodymium-magnet-pack-1-extreme-power-warning-38-p.asp
Actually, the site has some pretty interesting forms - lots of discs with holes in, ideal for screwing down then hanging something off them magnetically. Not bought from them before though...
--
Tim Watts

This space intentionally left blank...