Electric paper stapler?

Can anyone recommend a decent electric (paper) stapler? Maplin used to have cheapish ones but finally I got fed up taking them apart to repair jams. And it's embarassing to know that I gave them as presents to a number of people.
TIA,
Jon C.
--
Jonathan Campbell www.jgcampbell.com BT48, UK.

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 14:33:18 +0000, Jonathan Campbell

I use a very cheap battery stapler that came from Netto. It's totally reliable, as long as you don't try to staple too many sheets. Five is about the maximum, and forget card.
There are mains electric staplers used in printing business that are very robust and reliable, if expensive.
Jonathan Campbell wrote:

I'm trying to think why you would want an electric stapler. I bought a <insert name of good stapler here because I've forgotten the name> from Staples for ~5 and it's very 'soft' to use, so suitable for old buggers etc.
Si
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot wrote:

[...]
I guffawed and ridiculed extremely loudly and provocatively the first time I saw one on a desk. Then somehow I became seduced.
Plus, I use a stapler very infrequently.
But. For a start, using my (pretty standard) stapler from a sitting position causes minor back discomfort.
Best regards,
Jon C.
--
Jonathan Campbell www.jgcampbell.com BT48, UK.

So stand up and do it. I wouldn't dream of using the stapler I regularly use to staple 60+ page documents from a sitting position.
On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 14:33:18 +0000, Jonathan Campbell

http://www.nextag.co.uk/electric-stapler/zzukzB1z0--search-html
Bruce wrote:

Thanks. I'd still like a recommendation of one that wouldn't jam at the drop of a hat. OTOH, I suppose brands like Leitz and Rexel are unlikely to sell complete rubbish. And on the next hand, the fact that there are models at 100 and a lot more may say something about the 20--30 models.
Thanks,
Jon C.
--
Jonathan Campbell www.jgcampbell.com BT48, UK.

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 20:21:51 +0000, Jonathan Campbell

Rexel usually offers reliable stuff at reasonable prices. The expensive ones (up to 400) are used by printing business and get a lot of hard use. I used to have a booklet stapler that cost over 300 in 1989, but it was worth every penny because it never failed and never stapled anyone's finger either. ;-)
I had a contract to produce 1200 booklets a month, each of which had two staples. So that was 2400 staples a month for 21 months, over half a million altogether, and no problems. It was worth every penny.
But the 20-30 models should be fine for home and small office use.