Location of taps on indirect cylinder

My cylinder has sprung a leak so I guess it's time to replace it. It's a fairly standard indirect vented setup. I'd really like a HeatBank or something like that but (before everyone tells me how good they are) I'm kinda broke at the moment, so it's just gonna be another plain ol' cylinder for now.

Anyway, I'm going to tidy up the rats nest of pipework that's in my airing cubpoard when I do it. Due to the layout, it would be ideal if I could get a cylinder with the heat exchanger *and* cold inlet all on the same side. Does such a thing exist?

MTIA, Matthew

Reply to
Matthew Whyte

You can upgrade a cylinder to be a heat bank at a later date with a couple of flanges, a pump, a flow switch, a thermostatic mixing valve and a plate heat exchanger. Just make sure you buy a biggish cylinder to start with.

120L is a bit small, really.

Yes, most manufacturers are happy to fabricate your exact specification to order.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Also have tappings fitted to accommodate the heat bank update, so when the conversion is done it cam be done straight forwards in few hours.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil