Bathroom refurb - unvented indirect cylinder

Thinking about completely refurbishing a bathroom this year. A largish
area is taken up by a built in cupboard which contains shelving for towels
etc and a vented indirect cylinder. It occurs to me that I could free up
sufficient space to install a walk in shower if I relocated the cylinder
upstairs in the loft space. The water tank is on a stand around 70cms
high so I wondered about installing a new unvented indirect cylinder which
would get around the problem of lack of head. There are a couple of
150x50 joists in the area and plenty of block walls supporting them.
Grateful for any comments or suggestions.
Reply to
rbel
You do have the certification to say you are competent to install an unvented cylinder I take it?
Reply to
cynic
Quote from a manufacturer's site - BUILDING REGULATIONS These are a statutory document and take priority over all other regulations and recommendations. The installation of an unvented hot water storage cylinder is classified as a "Controlled Service" and Regulation G3 applies. To meet the requirements of the Regulation, installation of an unvented system should be undertaken by a "competent installer". All installations of unvented hot water storage systems having a capacity of more than 15 litres should be notified to the relevant Local Authority by means of building notice or by the submission of full plans. It is important to note that it is a criminal offense to install an unvented hot water storage system without notifying the Local Authority.
It is the 'competent installer' thing again which does not appear to require certification.
Reply to
rbel

Site Timeline Threads