Source of Ozzie Bright light bulbs?

This is a bit of a long shot, but...
When 75 watt incandescent bulbs were about to disappear from the shelves
about a year ago I bought a pack of 5 of them from some local shop. I
have now discovered the hard way that only one works, the other four
blew instantly on switching on. The packet has a PO Box address in
Birmingham, but a web search for "Ozzie Bright" brings up nothing, and
the BT phone book search is no use either. It was obviously a dud
batch so I'd like to take them back, if only I could remember which
retailer sold them. I realise that the chances of being able to get a
replacement are slim, but it would be good to get a refund.
So just on the off-chance that anyone else has encountered this brand of
bulbs (and if they were as good as those I bought then you too might
remember) and can recall where they bought them from, I'd be grateful
for the info.
I could, I suppose, write to the PO Box, but one's legal rights are with
the retailer I believe, so it will probably be a waste of a stamp. If I
were the manufacturer I'd probably have done a bunk by now.
Reply to
Clive Page
Take them back to your local shop. Have you checked that they're the right voltage?
They've probably been subjected to rough handling. Remember the days when small retailers would test each bulb before ringing them up? I wonder if anyone still does that?
Reply to
Graham.
[This followup was posted to uk.d-i-y and a copy was sent to the cited author.]
In article , snipped-for-privacy@privicy.com says...
The little shop in Madeley still did it when I last bought a bulb from them, about a year ago.
Reply to
Skipweasel
[This followup was posted to uk.d-i-y and a copy was sent to the cited author.]
In article , snipped-for-privacy@aol.com says...
Dishes? Salop, Staffs, or Perth (Western Australia)? I ain't seen any near the Shropshire one. There's the power station chimney and cooling towers at Buildwas, and The Wrekin, of course.
Reply to
Skipweasel
In message , harry writes
? ? ? ?
When you have the Wrekin with the TV antenna, the power station at buildwas and the Severn to guide you ?
Reply to
geoff
[This followup was posted to uk.d-i-y and a copy was sent to the cited author.]
In article , snipped-for-privacy@aol.com says...
And Madley ain't Madeley.
Reply to
Skipweasel
In message , harry writes
Having a clue as to which county you are in helps too ...
Reply to
geoff
In message , geoff writes
In fact some of the erroneous postings you've come up with have been potentially dangerous
Reply to
geoff
We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Graham." saying something like:
Not just the small ones, I recall Woolies doing it, with a bulb tester at every till. H&S would be aghast at such a thing now. I wonder how we ever survived.
Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon
(Just following up my own post in case anyone else has the same problem.)
I wrote to the Ozzie Bright address in Birmingham (thinking it was probably a waste of a stamp) and today to my surprise got an apology from Messrs Poundland and a £2 voucher. I guess I must have bought them there, but actually thought that the local branch had opened only after the 75W bulbs vanished from all retail shelves. So full marks to Poundland. If you find their bulbs fail, make sure you complain too, as their letter claimed mine was the only such complaint that they'd ever had.
Reply to
Clive Page

Site Timeline Threads