light fitting rose with hooks

Just to let you know I got my lamp shade fitted.

I found a place which sold the old fashioned ceiling rose and lamp holders ( ceramic) together with suspension hooks ( thats what they call those three hook things) and all attached to a wooden Patrice which conforms to modern wiring standards.

OH connected it all up. The only thing wrong is I need a 100 watt light bulb which is decent ( not those rubbish eco things).

Reply to
sweetheart

I love "Patrice" - much better than pattress.

Reply to
Geoff Pearson

Glad you got it sorted.

60W halogen in the same sized/shaped bulb as a GLS may well chuck out a similar light level to a 100W GLS. It will be a "harsher" light even if you are used to clear GLS bulbs not perl.
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

You can buy 100W GLS on eBay.

Reply to
Huge

The 23W Feit CFLs sold by Costco are a genuine 100W replacement. I'm finding they're giving long life, and don't object to running hot in enclosed fittings, and don't show any significant drop in light output. (They do 60W equivalent replacements too.)

If you are looking around at other makes, you will typically need something like 23-25W CFL to replace 100W lamp. Ignore the equivalences printed on the packs, and use a 1:4 ratio.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel