LIDl SDS Drill

Now you're being disarmingly frank Sam

Wire Turps?

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

My Wickes SDS certainly seems to be. I don't know whether they read this group but noted that the Wickes latest price book says 'Made in Germany' or 'Made in Switzerland' against all their grey pro tools

Reply to
Tony Bryer

They probably do. Any marketing dept with any sense would gauge opinions, trends, etc from the Internet. The clear impression here was that Wickes pro range was DIY in quality and made in China.

Reply to
IMM

The clear impression here was that Wickes

Quite unsuitable for the users of this newsgroup then?

Tosser

Sam

Reply to
Sam

I suppose it takes one to know one. What a pillock!

Reply to
IMM

What a professional standard prick!

Sam

Reply to
Sam

Me thinks we have another troll.

Reply to
IMM

Surely you're not bothered about competition........

Don't worrry, we'll look after you :-)

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Why don't you just F*** off to the uk.p-r-o-f-e-s-s-i-o-n-a-l newsgroup? Oh duh, hahahahahahahahahahahahaha, silly me, how absurd?!

OK why don't you just F***k off and go buff your seriously amateur helmet with your seriously professional penis substitute power drill?

regards

Sam

Reply to
Sam

Now Andy don't you start waving that SPPSPD at me! It looks even bigger than IMM's

regards

Sam

Reply to
Sam

Wow.....

Reply to
IMM

Cor...a fully fledged mentalist.

Reply to
IMM

Taking another look at the page. It highlights some kind of patented ' 3 way switch'. I doubt if re-badgers go around inventing stuff at add new features.

I think Parkside are big in Germany and taking aloss to build a reputation in the UK.

A penny-'apennies worth.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur

Bore...a fully fledged useless newsgroup poster.

regards

Sam

Reply to
Sam

Where are they made?

Reply to
IMM

My God!.......

Reply to
IMM

Yes, this is stretching it a bit.

If there are any patents around on SDS then they are likely to have been with Bosch.

I think that this is more likely to be a house brand name by Lidl who have their origins in Germany

I would be surprised if Parkside exists as a manufacturer.

The typical scenario is that a volume distribution outfit like Lidl approaches volume tool factory in China and agrees a volume, colours, labelling and badged documentation, plus a name to go on the product.

There will also be an agreed return rate and logistics arrangement to replace faulty product that fails in the agreed warranty period.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

It has to be PRC or Taiwan.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

And where do you think the internals of all the big brands are being made these days? And if you say "yeah so and so are still all made in Deutsches" how long do you think will that be?

Sam

Reply to
Sam

I asked where are they made, not a guess ay where they are made.

Reply to
IMM