Filter bag for Brewing kit- where to buy?

I require a fine mesh filter bag which I previously bought in Boots but they no longer do brewing kits. Does anyone know where I can purchase this item?

Reply to
Blair

Grunff

Thanks for your help. They do have a filter bag costing £5 but they charge £4.90 for posting ! It could go into an envelope easily. I will leave this as a fall back buy if I cant find a cheaper supply. Blair

Reply to
Blair

Give them a call - they are honestly the nicest people I've ever dealt with. They may well be able to accommodate.

Reply to
Grunff

Thanks I will. Will let you know how I get on Blair

Reply to
Blair

Where are you in the UK? There are a numbe rof bewshops around, good one in Farnborough, Hants for example.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I live in Pitlochry which is 20 miles north of Perth and about 60 miles from Edinburgh. I visit both frequently so do you know of any company which have a branch there? Blair

Reply to
Blair

They told me £4.90 was the max charge but in my case it would be a £1 Quite reasonable Thanks again Blair

Reply to
Blair

Since I live on the South Coast (of England) I'm hardly likely to. Besides it would weigh heavy on my consicence going against the kirk in this matter.

Have you tried Yellow Pages or Google?

Here you go, I've done it for you:

Argyle Wine & Beer Making Unit 26,Argyle Market,28-34, Argyle St, Glasgow, Lanarkshire G2 8AD Tel: 0141 226 3466

Edina Homebrew

14, Elgin Terrace, Edinburgh, Midlothian EH7 5NW Tel: 0131 661 6497

Village Home Brew

24, Corstorphine High St, Edinburgh, Midlothian EH12 7ST Tel: 0131 334 1821

McNally Homebrew

30, Gemini Grove, Motherwell, Lanarkshire ML1 4SP Tel: 01698 833888

Fermentation Stop

122, Commercial St, Kirkcaldy, Fife KY1 2NX Tel: 01592 204660

Glenbrew

736, Dumbarton Rd, Glasgow, Lanarkshire G11 6RD Tel: 0141 339 3479

Forfar Home Brew

2, East High St, Forfar, Angus DD8 2EG Tel: 01307 463854
Reply to
Steve Firth

Thanks Steve, I feel quite ashamed not trying Google myself. Incidentally the Kirk like most Churches these days is not the power it once was. Regards Blair

Reply to
Blair

If you are still watching the thread I just noticed that Lidls are listing a preserving "White Polyester Net Bag" for £1.49 on Thursday

this would do?

Henry

Reply to
Henry