Wall mounted folding table

I am trying to decide on an occasional table to make best use of kitchen space without being in the way. I'd be interested in any designs whether retail or DIY that anyone has seen that they thought were good or were impressed with.

A standalone may be awkward due to the position of a radiator. Sizewise probably big enough for a couple to have breakfast at.

Reply to
BigBird

There are lots of traditional solutions to this so if you look in a book of (irish?) country furniture you might see something. Or the caravan design - removable table attaches to the wall and the other end supported by a hinged or detachable leg. Another option is drop leaf or leaves - perhaps making the leaf or leaves fairly narrow e.g. about 6 inches so that you can still get your knees under when the leaf is down.

cheers

Jacob

Reply to
jacob

That would probably be where I got the idea. Haven't been in a caravan for over twenty years but used to all the time when I was a kid.

Reply to
BigBird

One in Lidl at the moment.

EricP

I'm fairly sure that Screwfix (maybe Toolstation but I don't think so) sell a wall-mounted flap-table kit, intended for use with a slab of worktop to match the kitchen. I know I saw it quite recently, but now can't find it on screwfix.com

David

Reply to
Lobster

I bought one about a dozen years ago, for use in the flat I lived in then. It had two L-shaped steel tube supports, with one leg of each L mounted to the wall, such that the other leg could swing out and support the hinged table top. When folded down, there was a narrow shelf against the wall, to allow for the thickness of the legs. No idea where I got it from, but it was probably a DIY shed or MFI.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar