Table saw

My sister father-in-law passed away about 4 months ago. He was a wood worker and has quiet few tools He has an old craftsman table saw at least 40 years old it's all cast iron, it's 110V so it's my guess it's 1hp. ( I'm not in there area to look at it) He said there is two dado blade sets a bunch of blades, only a couple are carbide. I don't think they know what else is for the saw. There is also an old Band saw, and a 4" planer cast iron. There is also some old hand saws, plains* , I'm sure there quiet an assortment of hand tools. They are trying to clean the house to sell and of coarse the tools are going. I would buy some of them myself but I have a big power matic 66 I'm pretty tooled out threes nothing I need . He is not sure what to ask for the Table saw I have seen it best description it's between a contractors saw and a uni saw. If anyone has an idea of the value I know it's hard with seeing it or better yet is interested in buying I can get more information. The Tools are in the SF bay area ( Hillsboro )

  • Some guy came buy and bought some 3 of the plains for 0 he picked threw what was there well somebody got a deal on some old plains at least 50 years old. So if somebody is interested post it and I will get back to you.
Reply to
Sac Dave

Try crossposting to rec.woodworking

Reply to
Doug Miller

".

That's the first place posted. I usably don't get involved with this kind of stuff but in this case I'm making an exception

Reply to
Sac Dave

Spend a little time on craigslist to get a feel for what tools are selling for in the area they are located.

In most places you can place ads on there for free. I have had pretty good luck using it.

For the saw, blades and go withs I would guess 150-200. That is just a guess.

Reply to
Colbyt

Check ebay and rec.woodworking. That ng should be able to tell you. Your major problem is shipping, particularly with it being cast iron, but it's a very sellable item and you should have no problem getting someone to pick it up.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

New Craftsman table saws are not too good, but the older ones may be well worth having. Check the condition of the saw, what accessories are going with it and look on ebay to get an idea about pricing. "Cast iron" is very desirable (heavy is good). A quality fence can add to the overall value. A cabinet saw has more value than a contractor saw. I've had a PM66 since '93 and love it.

Reply to
Phisherman

I'd pay that much. Dado blades are expensive, so just find out what they cost new and take a third of that.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB