basin taps combo

Hi all. I have a 2 hole wash basin in the bathroom. has anyone coma across a set of taps that consist of a hot/cold mixer alongside of a conventional cold tap?

Thanks.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur

I once had to fit a monobloc mixer through one tap hole, and a spray head for hair washing through the other hole. Is this type of idea any good to you?

The spray head was made from a dishwashing spray with a push button to demand water and ran from the same two cold and hot supplies as the monobloc tap, which kept the temperature right.

Reply to
BigWallop

I'm really looking for what is a stand-alone one-hole mixer tap with matching standard tap.

Thanks.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur

Whilst there is no problem sourcing [1] a monobloc mixer and normal tap to match the problem is installing it.

The hole for the monobloc will be about 35mm which will be the hole size in a 'one hole' basin.

The holes for the two hole basins will be clearance on 1/2" BSP. which is like around 23-25mm. You might be able to make the hole bigger with a diamond drill but you need to make sure there is a large enough flat area under the basin to connect the monobloc.

HTH

[1] Catalogues (on and off line) have families of taps in a good number of styles.
Reply to
Ed Sirett

Reply to
Arthur

If you're wanting this because you want a separate tap for potable water at the basin, you might be able to use a thermostatic mixing/blending valve combining H&C to one single tap for warm water at a preset temperature for washing purposes, and the other single tap for potable water.

If you have another application in mind other suggestions may be forthcoming if you can say why you want to do this.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I want the mixer to be a tap under which we can wash our hands etc under warm/hot water. The cold for both taps is mains supplied.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur

I assume the mixer would have the long beak shaped handle (vertical and lateral movement) jobs.

Reply to
Arthur

How about two ordinary taps, but with the feed to the hot one coming froma thermostatic blending valve so that it only delivers hand hot water?

Reply to
John Rumm

Or even the same with a monobloc mixer fed with hot or blended hot and mains cold. Nearly all the mixer taps these days are bi-flow and suitable for connection to potable supplies - but check just in case.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

I have a monobloc mixer on the kitchen sink, as in 2 tap tails close together through a single hole. So I'm hoping that a wash basin equivelant will fit through a hole in a regular 2 hole basin.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur

As per previous posts the monoblock holes are 35mm the 2-hole basins are clearance ion 1/2" BSP around 23-25mm.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Revisiting my post of a couple of weeks ago.

Hopefully, one of these will do for me.

Arthur