Leaky Washing Machine

Hi,

I have an indesit WG1130T washing machine that has developed a small leak.

A small puddle appears at the back, right corner of the machine. This only seems to happen towards the end of the wash cycle and mainly after the machine has finished.

I was wondering if it is some sort of leak at the base of the outlet pipe or if there is a seal in that area has become loose.

Does anyone have any experience with these machines?

Thanks for any help.

Jamie.

Reply to
Jamie Willmott

It is possible this is a leak in the feed pipe. I've seen one leak a bit after it's used, then seal up. The absolute best way is to take the machine out, and see where it's leaking from when you run a cycle.

If you're not lucky enough to find the leak coming from the output or input pipes, then you're going to have to open the machine, and either examine closely after a cycle, or run a cycle and see where it's leaking from. (Do not insert hands or other appendages into rotating machinery, or I reserve the right to point and laugh)

Reply to
Ian Stirling

If the water is soapy or clean it might give an indication where the leak is coming from.

Graham

Reply to
Graham Tavener

If it's black/oily, then it probably leaked past the bearing seal, and washed the oil out of the drum bearing on the way through that. Sometimes theres a drain hole under the bearing which is to try and get the water out without it washing through the bearing -- you might find any leak there has left a tell-tale stain.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Thanks for the advice.

It appears the problem is a loose spring clip where the outlet hose is connected to the pump. I'll put a jubilee clip on it, which should sort the problem out.

Jamie.

Reply to
Jamie Willmott